Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Earlier today, a new "Apple Events" channel appeared on the Apple TV revealing that the company will be offering live video streaming of today's media event. At the time, it was unclear whether Apple would also be offering a stream through its website, but the company has now updated its site to promote a live stream available online.

apple_october_2012_event_stream.jpg
The video stream requires Safari 4 or later on a minimum of Mac OS X Snow Leopard, or iOS 4.2 or later for those accessing the stream from a mobile device. Streaming via Apple TV requires second- or third-generation Apple TV with a minimum of software version 5.0.2.

Apple's event kicks off at 10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern, and MacRumors will have full coverage of the event's announcements.

Article Link: 'iPad Mini' Media Event Also Streaming via Apple's Website

HussamRaed

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2011
Finally!!!

Finally!!! This is very rare of Apple, to stream events. The last time was when they updated the iPods.

SBlue1

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2008
this should shut down all the "why can't my 10,000 bucs mac stream this" whining!

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Basically: Not available to PC users.

Nice to see Apple will be streaming this live event and hopefully many from now on! I'll watch it on my Apple TV.

Slix

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2010
I really wish I just had school off today instead of having to go in an hour before the event starts... Can't wait to come home and see it though!

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
I forget exactly which was the last event Apple live-streamed. But it was great to be able to watch it on my iPad, live. We all hoped that it would become the standard operating procedure, but that didn't quite happen.

Glad they're doing it again for today's event!

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
"It's as if millions of live bloggers suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

Sorry Engadget, Verge, etc. Your value just went down today!

bdavis89

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
You can put safari on an PC.

But I'm not going to install Safari on my PC just to watch an Apple event stream. Its another example of Apple being closed and attempting to force people to do things their way. Sometimes its okay and better, other times there is simply no reason for it. I believe this is the latter.

EDIT: Has to be on Mac OSX Snow Leopard or higher anyways. I don't have an iOS device at work (android phone), so I guess I'm SOL. Just have to make due with Engadget.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.