Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:53 PM   #1
jmflo571
macrumors newbie

off contract verizon iphone 5 activation

Im a noob when it comes to the iphone, i apologize if it has been answered before. So i plan on gifting a iphone 5, i have bought the phone through verizon with the month to month deal, so full price is what i paid.

Now when i recieve the phone can i cancel any established account (new account) that may have been created and give the phone to another person with an existing vz account without opening the box ?. And can that person activate it with their existing acccount (of course getting new sim).
Or do i have to activate it and then cancel?

I am just not sure how this works on iphone/cdma/4glte phones from verizon. Is my yet to be established account only tied to the sim contained within the order or is the phone itself also tied to he account?

Last edited by jmflo571; Nov 5, 2012 at 01:53 AM.
jmflo571 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2012, 01:55 AM   #2
jmflo571
macrumors newbie

still a little confused, phone is on the way but from i have learned so far is that the phone will work fine with any gsm carrier, but still dont know if there will be a problem with the other person that i am giving it to when they try to activate. I am just used to just swapping sim cards on tmobiles whenever i buy a new phone.
jmflo571 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone