Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cameljockey

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
iTunes recognized it but nowhere to be seen as a portable device on My Computer.

I tried deleting everything and reinstalling but it still does not show up. Only shows up in iTunes.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

FoxFifth

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
It has been awhile since I connected my iPhone to Windows but if I remember correctly, it will only show up as a connected device (outside of iTunes) if there is one or more pictures in the Camera Roll. That is because the only thing you can do with it as a connected device is to move a picture from the Camera Roll to the computer.

cameljockey

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2012
It has been awhile since I connected my iPhone to Windows but if I remember correctly, it will only show up as a connected device (outside of iTunes) if there is one or more pictures in the Camera Roll. That is because the only thing you can do with it as a connected device is to move a picture from the Camera Roll to the computer.

I have more than 50 pictures in my Camera Roll.
It worked the first time I plugged it in but nothing shows up now.

It still works fine on iTunes.

I haven't done anything different on my computer.
Weird.

Any other clues?

jumperdono

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2012
I haven't done anything different on my computer.
a82.jpg

vitaminw

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2012
I had the same problem - iPhone recognized by iTunes but not by the PC. Here's what worked for me: Make sure the phone is on, screen active, and camera roll is open before you plug it in with a USB cable. That makes the phone visible under "My Computer," as well as making it possible to select it as a device from which to import photos in Windows Photo Gallery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.