Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color iPod nano?

• [att=29955]White[/att]

Votes: 114 45.6%
  • [att=29956]Black[/att]

Votes: 136 54.4%

• Total voters

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
What color nano is everyone getting? (well whos ordering it)

I think I may go for the black one. It looks different/cool. My only consern is hooking 2 iPods up to one iTunes program.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
White. Black looks great when it's clean, but the instant you get fingerprints or scratches on it, it'll look like crap. (That's the problem with black gloss.) White will look good even when it's been beaten up fairly thoroughly.

I ordered a 4 GB white nano early today... as with my iPod, it will be living on a clean white T-shirt until I get some sort of protective case for it.

EDIT: I have a PSP, and it's impossible to keep clean... not to mention the black car I used to own, which would get dirty between the car wash and my house. Black gloss is just not worth it unless it's stored in a hermetically-sealed environment.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
White.

Black is new (for apple), but it still doesn't merit buying it. Oh, and don't worry about two ipods on one mac, it works great.

Lopez.T.H.

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2005
Black gloss.. The Sony PSP is a perfect example. I call mine " the fingerprint magnet"

zap2

macrumors 604
Mar 8, 2005
Washington D.C
i like teh idea of a black one

I'll be think( its just black will be so new for a little) and i like on black iPod and a white one

well still need a little more $$$ we will think it over

runninmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
Rockford MI
pdpfilms said:
White.

Oh, and don't worry about two ipods on one mac, it works great.

Well... im on xp :( :eek: :mad: Thats also another thing I ment to ask... Should I get the nano or continue to save up for the Mac mini? If I get a nano I will probobly take another 2 weeks to get them mini.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
White just like my other iPods

Black really isn't a new color for apple. the powerbook and powermac boxes are both black, along with the iPod box. It was just a matter of time before a product became black again.

Now the real question is, is the nano black iPod in a white box.

and the white nano in a black box

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
mac-er said:
I wonder if the next iBooks will come in glossy black too??
I won't buy one... I like Apple's current offerings of white (iBook, iMac) and silver (PowerBook, PowerMac), because they're both fairly easy to keep clean and they hide scratches fairly well.

My Sony desktops are black, but they're matte black, not gloss... so all they need is a little cleaning with 409 from time to time. (And they're not getting carried around... no potential for them to be scratched, really.) And my old Sony notebooks were all some shade of purple... pretty easy to keep clean, but still somewhat easy to scratch.

White and silver are the best choices for portable items, in my considered opinion.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says....Definitely black for me....but I am not quite ready to buy yet - I really need one with a bit more space so I will probably wait (a while!) until they hit the 8GB size.....oh yeah!

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
The black rocks...no weird grey wheel.

Pitty I have no excuse to buy one though.

If only the ROKR looked like this thing and had a megapixel plus camera!

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
aswitcher said:
The black rocks...no weird grey wheel.

Pitty I have no excuse to buy one though.

If only the ROKR looked like this thing and had a megapixel plus camera!
Basic black, like the MIB. In all honesty, I might start saveing for a replacement for my Shuffle.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
If you're preppy like me: get the white. So positive!

If you're the MCR fans that hang out at my local goth club: black. I can't live by your rules man!

Gosh, i'm a dork!

DarkNetworks

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2005
i like white..but eventually, its down to u what colour u like and what colour you're gonna buy...so this question is pretty pointless...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This thread is now a poll.

The choices:

Attachments

• white nano.jpg
    white nano.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 1,777
  • black nano.jpg
    black nano.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 1,793

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
eva01 said:
Now the real question is, is the nano black iPod in a white box.

and the white nano in a black box

They're both in black boxes.

Attachments

• nanoboxes.png
    nanoboxes.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 232

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
I'd like to get a black one, but i will have to see them both in relaity first before i make my judgement, its a shame that the storage isnt a bit larger though 4gb and 6gb models would have been better,

SHadOW

tsaxer

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2004
Tuscaloosa, AL
I still like the cleanness of the white. And I really like this product, take the best of the mini and the shuffle and squash them together. oooh
Oh, and I really can't bring myself to bellyache about the size...it's flash! That's pretty huge and affordable for flash!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I do like the black one – although as others have said it's trickier to keep looking clean than simple, sleek white. Mind, in saying that I'm still happy with my old 3G iPod, so i won't go rushing out to buy a Nano just yet.

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
black for me! white is getting boring and i really don't mind if it gets dirty wipe it off.

Whats with all the hats on contributors/mods heads i don't get the theme for that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.