Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shredder-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I've been an iPhone user since 07, along with macbook. The Nexus 4 is extremely tempting and I have all intentions on getting it as soon as it's being released in europe. Question is: Will my syncing between phone and computer be as simple as Iphone to mac? I mostly use Reminders (I guess i'll have to find a replacement for it), ical and mail (both @me and @gmail), as far as syncing goes... what should I expect?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Will my syncing between phone and computer be as simple as Iphone to mac? I mostly use Reminders (I guess i'll have to find a replacement for it), ical and mail (both @me and @gmail), as far as syncing goes... what should I expect?

No, you're giving up a level of seamless integration when switching platforms.

If you embrace the google products, then you'll regain some of the integration but living with your itunes music, address, calendar apps you have to get some third party software to help sync it.

The email setup shouldn't be a problem though.

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
Export contacts and import into Google, then set address book on your Mac to sync with Google (turn of iCloud calendars)
Export calendars, import into Google calendar, add google calendar to iCal and turn off iCloud calendars

Above should give you exactly what you have now, just using Google instead of Apple

@me.com email just needs setting up in mail client, @gmail will be done automatically when you set the device up

Doc750

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2010
I like this phone too, but the lack of LTE support killed it for me. So I've got a preorder in for the Note 2 on Verizon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.