Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion

Old Nov 24, 2002, 08:04 PM   #1
shadowfax0
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to shadowfax0
New Windows -- Longhorn

Some *real* pictures the upcoming behemoth - I have to mention this now though: one of the "new" features is '...inegrated DVD burning..." Ummm, I miss something here?

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/longhorn_alpha.asp
Old Nov 24, 2002, 08:07 PM   #2
demonx
macrumors regular

Re: New Windows -- Longhorn

Quote:
Originally posted by shadowfax0
\ - I have to mention this now though: one of the "new" features is '...inegrated DVD burning..." Ummm, I miss something here?
What are you talking about, that MS being inovative
demonx is offline   0
Old Nov 25, 2002, 12:22 AM   #3
MacCoaster
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to MacCoaster
Already discussed here: Windows Longhorn? 3-D?.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 02:18 AM   #4
SilvorX
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to SilvorX Send a message via AIM to SilvorX
i remember hearing at one of the beta launches (first or 2nd beta i think) bill was saying stuff about xp having built in dvd support...that was a load of bs , around the time when ppl started making pre-orders in the summer of '01 he was like "oh you need to have a 3rd party dvd decorder to play dvds on windows media player"...lol
Old Nov 25, 2002, 10:16 AM   #5
sparkleytone
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to sparkleytone
this thing is still just way too far off for me even to give it a second thought.

microsoft has ended its days with me as a consumer, and hopefully alot of people are beginning to feel the same way. in fact, i believe the only m$ OS i ever bought were bought solely because they came on the machine. that was windows95. my father may have bought windows98, i just dont remember.

i just dont see the purpose in paying for something that really doesnt do anything different to your computer except slow it down. i beta tested XP and thought it was really good. i soon realized it was only the windows2000 that m$ had promised and failed to deliver on. this is all m$ ever does. they promise technologies, then delay them, forcing you to upgrade in between also. its a form of bait and switch in my opinion.

"well we dont have what we advertised in stock, but this will do until we get it in a couple years."
sparkleytone is offline   0
Old Nov 25, 2002, 10:44 AM   #6
Bradcoe
macrumors regular

AACK

Windows is going all white and silver colors with buttons and backgrounds!!! noooo!
Bradcoe is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > General Mac Discussion