Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 7, 2012, 02:51 AM   #1
AlanKA
macrumors member

Ship date on Mini LTEs?

So all the rumor sites can predict the products, shapes, features, announcement dates, colors, connector styles with dead-on accuracy. But no one can say when the Mini LTEs are gonna ship? Bloody hell, the wait is killing me!
AlanKA is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:43 AM   #2
in2tech
macrumors member

Although the Apple website says mid November on the orders I think Tim Cook said they would be available on Friday November 16th during the keynote speech. But if I am not mistaken when they announce a new LTE (cellular) type device they have to get FCC approval real quick because they don't want anyone to know before the event's because when they apply it becomes public knowledge. Please correct me someone if this info seems wrong.

I sure hope my arrives on November 16th! I guess it would also depend on when you ordered one. I ordered one the first day they were announced.

Come on iPad Mini LTE, get here I also went with Verizon because of the $5.00 difference in the lower data plan (250 MB ATT versus Verizon 2 GB). I have also heard you can create a hot spot with the mini iPad so could use the iPad 3 WiFi with the iPad Mini LTE!

Went to the Apple store and used a mini and it is so light weight!
in2tech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:10 AM   #3
THFourteen
macrumors 6502

late november.
THFourteen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:21 AM   #4
Yr Blues
macrumors 68000

iPad data plans are so bad, but would be nice to have for emergencies. I suppose the iPhone is good enough for emergencies, too.
Yr Blues is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 04:32 AM   #5
yegon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yr Blues View Post
iPad data plans are so bad, but would be nice to have for emergencies. I suppose the iPhone is good enough for emergencies, too.
Cost peanuts here in the UK. 10 for 3gb, valid for three months. Easily lasts 3 months for browsing purposes, although streaming would use it all up rapidly. I don't care, I never stream anything, cloud is the enemy of high quality music and video - give me hd locally stored mkvs over crappy, flakey, streamed video every time - so basically it's 40 for a years browsing
yegon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 05:03 AM   #6
Yr Blues
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by yegon View Post
Cost peanuts here in the UK. 10 for 3gb, valid for three months. Easily lasts 3 months for browsing purposes, although streaming would use it all up rapidly. I don't care, I never stream anything, cloud is the enemy of high quality music and video - give me hd locally stored mkvs over crappy, flakey, streamed video every time - so basically it's 40 for a years browsing
I so hate you

America is a big country to supply wireless to. I guess that's why.
Yr Blues is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 05:20 AM   #7
yegon
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I so hate you

America is a big country to supply wireless to. I guess that's why.
Yeah, true. On the minus side we pay a higher price for virtually everything else though, if that makes you feel better . It's called rip off Britain for a reason!
yegon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 08:46 AM   #8
kappaknight
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanKA View Post
So all the rumor sites can predict the products, shapes, features, announcement dates, colors, connector styles with dead-on accuracy. But no one can say when the Mini LTEs are gonna ship? Bloody hell, the wait is killing me!
It's only like 2 or 3 weeks away. Is it really that huge of a deal to wait for something that isn't food, water, or shelter?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get mine as well... but at least they've announced it so we know it's coming.
kappaknight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:38 AM   #9
cang87
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappaknight View Post
It's only like 2 or 3 weeks away. Is it really that huge of a deal to wait for something that isn't food, water, or shelter?

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get mine as well... but at least they've announced it so we know it's coming.
You're right.. That also makes me feel better that at least we know it's coming soon.. On the other side I hope & pray for that won't be more than 2-3 weeks away
Retina MacBook Pro 15'', 2.3 Ghz Quad-Core i7, 8 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD
cang87 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:55 AM   #10
Baggio
macrumors 6502

Quote:
It's $10 a month to add it to my mobile share plan on AT&T. The plans are bad for those wanting to keep their unlimited plan on their iPhone.
Baggio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 10:14 AM   #11
metsjetsfan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I think the info is out there if people in the know want to find out, which is why everyone knew about these things you mentioned. iPad Mini Cellular Ship dates is just not a rumor that is in high demand.

that being said am with you! Apple may redefine what mid month means or "2 weeks"

Latest rumor based on other threads with people is avail the 16th ins stores and ships the 16th which means we would get it sometime Mon-Wed the next week hopefully
metsjetsfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:55 AM   #12
aka777
macrumors 6502a

Just had a look at my order status for the LTE ipad's and the ship dates have disappeared.
aka777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:18 PM   #13
GraphicsGeek
macrumors 6502a

When I first ordered the Mini (I couldnt make up my mind and cancelled it and reordered it a day later), it said ship date as Nov 23 and delivers on Nov 26. It now says just mid-November. At one point, I think I remember it saying late November.
GraphicsGeek is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:34 PM   #14
AlanKA
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphicsGeek View Post
When I first ordered the Mini (I couldnt make up my mind and cancelled it and reordered it a day later), it said ship date as Nov 23 and delivers on Nov 26. It now says just mid-November. At one point, I think I remember it saying late November.
Yep, everybody's ship date says "Mid November".
AlanKA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 12:51 PM   #15
CNeufeld
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yep, everybody's ship date says "Mid November".
Only if you live in the States, and got in the first wave of orders.

Clint
CNeufeld is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:06 PM   #16
metsjetsfan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNeufeld View Post
Only if you live in the States, and got in the first wave of orders.

Clint
Agree but walk ins to the apple store or att/vz/sprint/EE or O2 should be able to grab one easily. Esp the black ones.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:11 PM   #17
technopimp
macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know if the new share plan from AT&T (which lets you add a tablet for $10/month) also allows you to add/drop that tablet at any time without additional fees?

I'd like an LTE model, but don't think I'd use the data all the time. I know the separate data plans are no-commitment, but it would be cheaper to be able to add it for $10 and then drop/re-add as needed.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:26 PM   #18
TheSandman2236
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to TheSandman2236 Send a message via MSN to TheSandman2236
Quote:
Originally Posted by technopimp View Post
Does anyone know if the new share plan from AT&T (which lets you add a tablet for $10/month) also allows you to add/drop that tablet at any time without additional fees?

I'd like an LTE model, but don't think I'd use the data all the time. I know the separate data plans are no-commitment, but it would be cheaper to be able to add it for $10 and then drop/re-add as needed.
I'm curious about this as well.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:34 PM   #19
AlanKA
macrumors member

The little hidden charge that isn't advertised with that $10/month table fee is AT&T's "Activation Fee" which is $36/device.

I wasn't really happy when I added three iPads to our plan and found over $100 in AT&T "fees".
Old Nov 7, 2012, 01:49 PM   #20
jrlepage
macrumors 6502a

I would be pretty shocked if they went up for sale the 16th in stores and shipped to those who pre-ordered that day (meaning pre-orders would arrive after they're available in store). Has Apple ever done that with any other device? Every launch I've been a part of the pre-orders arrive the day they go on sale in stores.

Also as far as the AT&T activation fee for adding to a mobile share plan, if you call Customer Service they will gladly waive it. It almost seems like more of a laziness tax for those who don't call in to complain about it.
jrlepage is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:15 PM   #21
AlanKA
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlepage View Post

Also as far as the AT&T activation fee for adding to a mobile share plan, if you call Customer Service they will gladly waive it. It almost seems like more of a laziness tax for those who don't call in to complain about it.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

I called and received $246 in credits from AT&T. Not only did they originally charge me $108 in activation fees, they had all charge me a ton of fees for switching to the "Mobile Share" plan. They waived them ALL!!
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:21 PM   #22
technopimp
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
The little hidden charge that isn't advertised with that $10/month table fee is AT&T's "Activation Fee" which is $36/device.

I wasn't really happy when I added three iPads to our plan and found over $100 in AT&T "fees".
My question though is, would that fee be levied EVERY time I added/re-added my iPad? If that's even possible?

In other words, I don't want to pay $10 for months I don't plan on using it with LTE, but if I know I'll be needing it I'd like to be able to add it back on and then drop it from the plan again. That's what I'm trying to figure out. AT&T wasn't clear about this.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:35 PM   #23
Scott6666
macrumors 65816

Hope the UPS truck doesn't break down again this time.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:43 PM   #24
metsjetsfan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlepage View Post
I would be pretty shocked if they went up for sale the 16th in stores and shipped to those who pre-ordered that day (meaning pre-orders would arrive after they're available in store). Has Apple ever done that with any other device? Every launch I've been a part of the pre-orders arrive the day they go on sale in stores.

Could be wrong but i think ipad 2 launch was that way.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 03:54 PM   #25
shadowarachh
macrumors member

i guess im lucky. i have a friend who test towers and he sent me an LTE sim. no $$ for me

just picked up an otterbox today as this little guy is gonna be my new carry everywhere toy.
shadowarachh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad