Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:05 AM   #1
Jimmy Guphanti
macrumors 6502

Does your iPhone 5 do this?

If you set the default dark blue water background for the lock screen, turn up the brightness a bit, lock the phone, and swipe from left to right above the slide to unlock thing, using just a tiny bit of pressure, does your screen have these wave like things? It looks like screen is not seated properly or something. This happens anywhere on the screen really, if I use just a little force. When I say force, I mean just a little more force than you would use when you tap the screen. The waves look like these colorful bands like if you press too hard on the screen, but I am not pressing hard at all.
Jimmy Guphanti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:11 AM   #2
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Guphanti View Post
If you set the default dark blue water background for the lock screen, turn up the brightness a bit, lock the phone, and swipe from left to right above the slide to unlock thing, using just a tiny bit of pressure, does your screen have these wave like things? It looks like screen is not seated properly or something. This happens anywhere on the screen really, if I use just a little force. When I say force, I mean just a little more force than you would use when you tap the screen. The waves look like these colorful bands like if you press too hard on the screen, but I am not pressing hard at all.
Like you're pressing through the glass to the LCD panel?
Bugeyeblue is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:13 AM   #3
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
no but if i set an autobot background, lock my phone. then make a figure 8 pattern on the lock screen it transforms into a robot
BFizzzle is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Jimmy Guphanti
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeyeblue View Post
Like you're pressing through the glass to the LCD panel?
This happens with only a little pressure. My old iPhone does not do this, with the same amount if pressure. Does yours?
Jimmy Guphanti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:17 AM   #5
Bugeyeblue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
This happens with only a little pressure. My old iPhone does not do this, with the same amount if pressure. Does yours?
I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail, but I've used my brothers and it doesn't do that at all.
Bugeyeblue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:24 AM   #6
newskin
macrumors regular

Tried it with a bit of pressure but can't reproduce the wavy things op is mentioning. Sounds faulty to me.
newskin is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:35 AM   #7
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Mine doesn't do this, definitely sounds faulty. Take it in and get it replaced.
Tyler23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2012, 09:48 AM   #8
5aga
macrumors 6502

my iphone 5 doesnt do this but my 4S did. apple replaced it with no problem
5aga is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
iphone 5, problem, screen