Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Me and my dad purchased the iPad 4 with a credit card,and he won't be home until Sunday, is there away Apple can do a return and put the money back on the credit card without the credit card being there?

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Me and my dad purchased the iPad 4 with a credit card,and he won't be home until Sunday, is there away Apple can do a return and put the money back on the credit card without the credit card being there?

I know if you mail it back to them you do not need the card but in the store, I think they swiped my card to give me a credit!

I think a call to the Apple store is your best bet.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012

they would automatically put the money back on the card w/o you actually having the card. You will need the receipt though. For example, when I returned my mini they just asked for the receipt and then told me the money was put back on my card. In your case, they would do the exchange and the left over money would go back on your Dad's card.

thehopscotch

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2009
US
I just did the opposite last night...took my iPad Mini in to swap it for an iPad 4. I purchased the Mini online with my credit card. When I went in store to return, I had already pre-reserved an iPad 4 and paid for it with my CC online, so I didn't need a credit card at all.

They asked if I wanted an Apple giftcard or if I wanted it to go back on my card (after they scanned the barcode on the Mini). I told them credit card, and she selected that on the iPhone/payment device, and I just had to sign my name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.