Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1
SWPROX
macrumors member

Sleep Image after 2.0 update

I have a mid 2012 MBA 13",and I just updated it to 2.0 update yesterday,the problem is now eveytime I reboot,the sleep image comes back ,I had originally deleted that 8GB file,and set the mode to 0,now even though I have set it to 0,I delete the file and it comes back again,I have searched and found a few people experiencing the same issue-any clue guys ?
SWPROX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:27 PM   #2
mag01
macrumors member

So far there seems to be no way to get rid of it, however there are some more or less acceptable ways to prevent that huge file from being created.
1. creating a zero size sleepimage file and making it immutable: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4492672?tstart=0
2. redirecting the sleepimage to /dev/null: http://www.laszlopusztai.net/2012/11...k-2012-update/ or http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...6&postcount=84
I like the 1st option more but whatever...

Last edited by mag01; Nov 9, 2012 at 02:26 PM.
mag01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:10 PM   #3
garbor
macrumors newbie

Hey ! I am the author of the discussions on Apple website. I don't know why there is a mess with the update 2.0 and the sleepimage but I'm glad to see that my post is useful
garbor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:17 PM   #4
mag01
macrumors member

garbor: just one minor glitch in your last command, it should be:
Code:
chflags uchg /private/var/vm/sleepimage
mag01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 02:40 PM   #5
SWPROX
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag01 View Post
Code:
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbor View Post
Hey ! I am the author of the discussions on Apple website. I don't know why there is a mess with the update 2.0 and the sleepimage but I'm glad to see that my post is useful
Hey Guys Thanks a LOT !! But just one thing,when I wrote the command chflags uchg/..... it gave me an error-permission denied,then I wrote sudo before chflags and it worked ,thanks
SWPROX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 05:17 PM   #6
garbor
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag01 View Post
Code:
Actually I did this in root user so I didn't need to add sudo before my commands and take off the '-' of course (bad habit with Linux ^^). But yes don't forget to add sudo before typing your commands if you don't have rights
garbor is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air