Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:13 AM   #1
KisakiSama
macrumors member

Unhappy Volume button problem on iPhone 5

I noticed yesterday that my - Volume button wasn't working. It still clicks just as well as the + button, but nothing happens. After messing around with it (power off/on, hard reset, and pressing really, really hard) I got it to work, but if I leave the phone alone for a few minutes and come back, it stops working once again. Do you guys think this is a hardware or a software issue? If it's software I'll wait it out, but if it's hardware I think I need to make a trip to Apple.
KisakiSama is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 11:48 AM   #2
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

That's the button that can be used for the camera shutter release. Try it there. If still no good then have Apple replace it as it is surely a hardware problem.
Givmeabrek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:09 PM   #3
Rocko1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Givmeabrek View Post
That's the button that can be used for the camera shutter release. Try it there. If still no good then have Apple replace it as it is surely a hardware problem.
What? His buttons are not working. Doesn't matter if it works while using the camera if you can't adjust the volume.
Rocko1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:45 PM   #4
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

Think. It would be another way to test the button as opposed to the volume app.
Givmeabrek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:04 PM   #5
tymaster50
macrumors 68030

restore the phone, if it works I just saved you almost an hour depending on how far you live from the apple store. They will restore the phone first and if the issue persists then they will replace it, company policy. Unless your phone has been like scratched out of the box or some physical issue or hardware issue.
tymaster50 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:21 PM   #6
KisakiSama
macrumors member

Before going to Apple I restored and still no dice, so I took it in and they gave me a replacement Lucky for me I live about 5 minutes from a retail store. Thanks for the input!
KisakiSama is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone