Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
I have an iPhone 4S and I love the way pictures turn out on this phone. The thing is that I have taking 183 pics with my 4s and now is telling me that I have run out of space. Now is this nominal or my 4s should be able to handle more than 183 pics?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Did you check to see if you have any free space.

The number doesn't matter but if you have several gigabytes of musics, movies and apps, you'll be limited to how many photos you can snap.

Dominicanyor

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Florida
Did you check to see if you have any free space.

The number doesn't matter but if you have several gigabytes of musics, movies and apps,
you'll be limited to how many photos you can
snap.

I do have a few videos and songs on my 4s.

----------

Also if you phone IS full, you can move the pictures to your computer and keep on snapping!

Thanks for the info.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
183 pics is well under 1 GB, so that's obviously not where you're using up your memory. Go into "Settings>General>Usage" to see where you're really using up your memory.

But, if you're taking videos (at 1080P), those can really use up the memory fast. Then, it's time to plug into a computer and off-load.

Regards,
Tom

friborgcr

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
Check Settings > General > About and see if you still have available space. What you can do is transfer the photos that you have taken from your phone to your computer, or delete some applications that you don't really need. Most of the time, what takes up space are music and videos, and if you have lots of those then remove some so you can take more pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.