Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KidSqueek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
I've been having this problem since upgrading to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. When I compose a new text message to someone with an iPhone with iMessage activated, it doesn't switch to iMessage automatically and sent it as a text message but when they reply, it's in iMessage. I'm assuming there is something wrong on my end. It happens all the time when I compose a new message to other iMessage users. My settings seem fine. Anyone else experiencing this issue? :confused:

RoboCop001

macrumors 68000
Oct 4, 2005
Toronto, Canada
I've been having this problem since upgrading to iOS 6 on my iPhone 4s. When I compose a new text message to someone with an iPhone with iMessage activated, it doesn't switch to iMessage automatically and sent it as a text message but when they reply, it's in iMessage. I'm assuming there is something wrong on my end. It happens all the time when I compose a new message to other iMessage users. My settings seem fine. Anyone else experiencing this issue? :confused:

Hmm try turning off the "use SMS when iMessage is unavailable" setting. It's under the iMessage settings.

KidSqueek

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 16, 2012
Thanks! That actually helped. I also added my email address too. It's working fine now. Maybe I've had it off before and never noticed. I may have turned it on by accident when messing with the settings a while back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.