Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:01 PM   #1
ScanPro
macrumors newbie

Outside Apple and Microsoft store

Here I am in between the the 2 stores, Apple is a packed house, there is 35-40 people in the MS and it is 30% lager. The employees at MS have tee shirts he same color scheme as Win8. I have cell pics but can't figure how to attach.
Sent from MS store free wifi. Theres more shoppers hanging around this area than are in the MS store.
Sp
ScanPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:03 PM   #2
Shadow%20Mac
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Shadow%20Mac
Anyone who has seen a "Microsoft Store" can tell you that they are blatant rip-offs of Apple Stores. Anyone who doesn't think so is kidding them selves.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:06 PM   #3
AnimaLeo
macrumors 6502

Why do you even care how people spend their time shopping? Ridiculous.
AnimaLeo is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 02:21 PM   #4
ScanPro
macrumors newbie

I really don't care who shops or where, I just found it interesting the differences between the stores and the shoppers inside. The ones at the Apple store seem to be there for a purchase or help (genius or personal) The ones in the MS store seem to be wandering or just looking. The store kinda reminds me of a toy store. As for the people just hanging out, most of them are on the wifi.
Sp
ScanPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:28 PM   #5
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanPro View Post
I really don't care who shops or where, I just found it interesting the differences between the stores and the shoppers inside. The ones at the Apple store seem to be there for a purchase or help (genius or personal) The ones in the MS store seem to be wandering or just looking. The store kinda reminds me of a toy store. As for the people just hanging out, most of them are on the wifi.
Sp
To be fair though, Apple Stores have their fair share of 'customers' (12 yr olds) that are just there to play on the demo iPads
mrsir2009 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:49 PM   #6
markus843
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
To be fair though, Apple Stores have their fair share of 'customers' (12 yr olds) that are just there to play on the demo iPads
This lol ^
markus843 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:22 PM   #7
tech4all
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimaLeo View Post
Why do you even care how people spend their time shopping? Ridiculous.
Why do you care that they care?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsir2009 View Post
Then why aren't they playing on the MS Surface? That's actually a genuine question. Less games on the Surface? Or the is just more known?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:06 PM   #8
malman89
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech4all View Post
Then why aren't they playing on the MS Surface? That's actually a genuine question. Less games on the Surface? Or the is just more known?
I think everyone knows you can treat your local Apple store like your personal charging station, personal internet connection, lounge, etc. MS stores are still rare and isolated to certain regions.

When I lived in Chicago, I always went to the Michigan Ave store and it was 50% tourists, 30% kids or people goofing off, 15% people needing repairs, and maybe 5% actually buying something.

Old Machine: Late 2006 Model - 13.3" MacBook, 2 GHz C2D, 4 (3.3) GB RAM, 500 GB 7200rpm HD running OS X 10.6.8
malman89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 10:37 PM   #9
Caliber26
macrumors 65816

I actually posted these pics on Facebook, last week, because I found it funny that they copied everything about the Apple Store. Even the little name tags they hang around their necks. It couldn't be more blatant.

Caliber26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:13 PM   #10
mrsir2009
macrumors 604

Quote:
Why do you care that they care?

I doubt the average kid even knows what a Surface is.
mrsir2009 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:48 AM   #11
gkarris
macrumors 604

The Sony Stores came before the MS Stores and they're the same also...

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...nyStyle_Stores

Quote:

The ones at our MS Store are playing "Angry Birds".

BTW, Apple Stores don't have a console gaming section...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:57 AM   #12
maflynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow%20Mac View Post
Anyone who has seen a "Microsoft Store" can tell you that they are blatant rip-offs of Apple Stores. Anyone who doesn't think so is kidding them selves.
Who cares, MS saw how well the design worked and modeled their store after apple's.

There's a Microsoft store in Boston that just opened up a couple months ago, I visited it two weeks ago. The place was a zoo, tons of people playing with the surface tablet and other tablets/laptops. Given the foot traffic, I'd say the store is a success, though I'm unsure of how well the surface tablet is selling. The store had them in stock, where as online sales are on back order.
maflynn is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:01 AM   #13
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Those Apple and Microsoft stores look like every store I've seen in the mall since 1996.

I MEAN CAN YOU BELIEVE HOW BLATANT THE COPYING IS? APPLE'S STORE HAS A GLASS FRONT, SO MS' COPYCAT STORE HAS A GLASS FRONT ALSO! OLOL!
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:03 AM   #14
tekno
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScanPro View Post
I really don't care who shops or where, I just found it interesting the differences between the stores and the shoppers inside.
You've contradicted yourself within the same sentence.
tekno is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:50 AM   #15
ScanPro
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekno View Post
You've contradicted yourself within the same sentence.
OK I'll give you that one. I'll try explain my statement. In general who and where one shops doesnt mater to me, I was struck by the difference in the amount of shoppers in the 2 stores for and I noticed what was mentioned a couple of posts above, there were many younger people "testing" the mechandise, but there were a fair number of older people in the crowd doing the same in the Apple store. The MS store had a wandering crowd, they appeared to be milling about, does that make sense? No one was messing with a Surface or anything for that matter in the MS store.
There nearly as many employees at the MS store as shoppers. The ratio at the Apple store seemed to be 1 to 7 or 8.
Just what I noticed.

PS at the conjuction of the 2 store is the malls biggest and strongest wiFi area, there must have been 30 people with tablets of some type lounging around. There were even a bunch of kids sitting against the walls doing their thing.
Sp
Sp
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:53 PM   #16
CrAkD
macrumors 68030

They have a Microsoft store in a mall by me. I was disgusted the first time I saw it last week. It's a blatant ripoff of the apple store. The surface is a piece of junk. I was messing with it in there for like 20 minutes. I absolutely hated it. Couldn't make heads or tales out of it. Lets make it look like windows but not be windows...... I don't get it. When Microsoft first announced windows 8 I thought uh oh windows gets perfect touch controls and apple might be in trouble. But no need to worry. Once again Microsoft screwed it up. They can't get out of their own way.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:03 PM   #17
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Redmond start your photocopiers
nuckinfutz is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:42 PM   #18
Comeagain?
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckinfutz View Post
Redmond start your photocopiers
Although you Must say it with a French accent.
Comeagain? is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:53 PM   #19
nuckinfutz
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comeagain? View Post
Although you Must say it with a French accent.
No one can beat this guy

LOL. Love this guy.
nuckinfutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion