Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 18, 2012, 08:13 PM   #1
falstaffpac
macrumors member

ATV3 iOS 5.1 multiple connection problems, partial solution

I wanted to share my experience with a new ATV3 I purchased yesterday. I've had a very frustrating 24 hours getting it working.

I was unable to "activate" the ATV, I was unable to sign into the Apple Store, and I was unable to log into Youtube. I spent several hours just trying to get into my Youtube account. Nothing worked, including a reset.

I solved all these issues by disconnecting my ethernet cable from the ATV and reseting the device. I could then set everything up correctly via wireless connection. I completely wasted about 20 hours of time trying to configure this device, connected via ethernet cable.

Its entirely possible the problem is on my end, but I do not know how I'm managing to block these connections. The ATV is connected to a switch, then to my router. I'm wondering if the switch has something to do with it. I spent a moderate amount of time googling to troubleshoot my problems and learned a lot of others are experiencing the same problem.

I hope some of you find this helpful.
falstaffpac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2013, 08:10 PM   #2
darksid3r
macrumors newbie

same problem, same fix

I don't think the problem is on our side
darksid3r is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater