|Nov 19, 2012, 12:12 AM||#1|
Which Verizon plan combination would best fit my needs?
Right now, my contract with another carrier is ending. I haven't updated my phone in 70 months... yes, since 2008 and I'm definitely ready for a change.
I'm very interested and excited to get an iPhone 4S, and I also plan on switching to Verizon Wireless as a service provider.
- I'm leaving a family plan and changing to an individual plan with Verizon
- I don't talk on the phone that much monthly (under 500 minutes)
- I text a fair bit, depending on the month (probably want unlimited)
- I plan on using about 3GB of data monthly (first month will be a test trial)
- I want to be able to cheaply turn my iPhone 4S into a mobile hotspot to tether data/internet access to my iPad
- I will be using my iPhone for mainly talk, text, emails, Siri, very brief internet browsing, and applications
- I will be using my iPad for internet browsing the internet, watching pre-downloaded movies (no streaming), applications, e-books/newspapers, Facebook, Skype, Facetime
Which plan would be best for me? Also, assuming that I accidentally run over the data limit, what are the penalties? When do you begin to get throttled?
|Nov 19, 2012, 12:45 AM||#3|
|Nov 19, 2012, 05:39 AM||#4|
The iphone plans on verizon all come with unlimited talk and text. Your only real choice is how much data you want. I believe that once you go over your data amount, they charge you $15 per gig of overage. I dont think verizon throttles data, but I could be wrong about that.
|Nov 19, 2012, 06:03 AM||#5|
Just as the above poster said, your only "real" choice is choosing a data plan that fits your usage. Also, hotspot capability is included now.
I think their basic minimum data plan is 4GB, so you should be good.
|Nov 19, 2012, 06:09 AM||#6|
The lowest data from verizon is 350 megs, its 10 bucks more for 1 gig though, 20 more for 2 gigs.
Its 40 for the unlimited talk and text. its additional:
50 for 1 gig of data
60 for 2 gigs
70 for 4 gigs
|Nov 19, 2012, 12:18 PM||#7|
Verizon does throttle their data. As for the ipad, is it wifi only? cause if not you have to pay $10 a month to put that on the plan with the $40 for a smart phone and then $70 for your 4gb data plan. So before taxes your looking at $120 (or $110 w/o the ipad on the plan) ...add another $15-$20 for taxes and your looking at close to $150. The best way to go about it is to get someone else on the plan with you and get the 8gb plan, which is $90, and split the bill. You'll save about $20-$30 a month.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|IMEI number to fit Verizon Activation||cccagley||iPhone||1||Apr 9, 2013 11:24 PM|
|iPhone 5 Verizon unlimited plan - keep your plan and get the new iPhone 5 for $199||Ars0n||iPhone||31||Jan 1, 2013 08:37 AM|
|Shared ATT iphone plan to shared verizon plan - apple or verizon pre-order||cardsdoc||iPhone||0||Sep 13, 2012 11:18 PM|
|Jump from Tmo family plan to an individual plan on ATT or Verizon just for the IP5?||Starfyre||iPhone||4||Sep 11, 2012 11:44 PM|
|How to keep my same plan on Verizon||turtlemh||iPhone||5||Sep 9, 2012 03:37 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 PM.