Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Thought that would catch your attention! OK. At about around 2pm BST today, I just went to Apple support for a problem with my PB spacebar. When I pressed the Apple at the top, to go back, I got something weird. A box said that the iPod is changing at Apple Expo. I got a grab of it for you guys. Make of it what you will. Also bear in mind that apple.com/movies exists but is forbidden for access. This may have something to do with it. I've put it on images shack. Images Shack Also, I cannot seem to access the apple homepage by clicking the apple on support page anymore. Thanks.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Font way way way way too small on the left hand side for the iPod thing. And the right hand side of the iPod seems to be missing.

I am calling BS on it ^^

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
applemax said:
Thought that would catch your attention! OK. At about around 2pm BST today, I just went to Apple support for a problem with my PB spacebar. When I pressed the Apple at the top, to go back, I got something weird. A box said that the iPod is changing at Apple Expo. I got a grab of it for you guys. Make of it what you will. Also bear in mind that apple.com/movies exists but is forbidden for access. This may have something to do with it. I've put it on images shack. Images Shack Also, I cannot seem to access the apple homepage by clicking the apple on support page anymore. Thanks.

It looks real... and i want to believe it... but there's just no way they'd overshadow the nano with a video pod so soon after its release.

EDIT: also, I've never head of apple hinting at new products on their mainpage.

Jay42

macrumors 65816
Jul 14, 2005
It could have been a slip, but I am also suspicious. Hmm, what does it mean by "the change?" Is it possible that something intel is going into the ipod? I don't really know enough about it's processor, but I thought I heard something about intel's device chips. This doesn't seem likely though.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
it looks so believable, but i just don't see the realism in it. I agree that it is unlikely to introduce ANOTHER iPod especially without a keynote, unless it's just a slight revision with a slimmer 60gb or something...Anything's possible i guess ;)

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
the text on the left just says paris, france sept. 20-24
i would have thought they would be talking about the intel stuff too, but it does seem strange that there is an iPod on there..

hmm... interesting to say the least.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2005
If nothing else, the "apple.com/movies" thing is interesting. It basically confirms that there will be SOME video thing coming out soon. As to WHAT is the question.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Here is why I don't believe it. I've got a few, but the biggest one is that Apple Expo is only a few days away. Why wouldn't they have this on the front page NOW? Answer: They wouldn't.

I call fake. A nice fake, but a fake nonetheless.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
technocoy said:
the text on the left just says paris, france sept. 20-24
i would have thought they would be talking about the intel stuff too, but it does seem strange that there is an iPod on there..

hmm... interesting to say the least.

Intel is still way to early. Apple isn't going to stir up the chaos pot with their users any further by talking about Intel until something is ready to release and that won't be until MWSF at the earliest.

stevep

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2004
UK
Jay42:
Is it possible that something intel is going into the ipod? I don't really know enough about it's processor, but I thought I heard something about intel's device chips.
I think the iPods use an ARM processor. ARM = Acorn Research Machines, makers of embedded processors, based in Cambridge UK. I'm not sure if the Shuffles use them. I don't think that Intel chips are suitable for dedicated applications, but I'm not a chip expert by any means. I have seen the iPod mentioned in the ARM annual report as one of its applications (and I can't understand why ARM shares are not doing as well as Apple shares, but thats another story.)

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
yeah..

i didn't mean any intel products as much as they will most likely me hyping the intel transition at an expo, especially among developers and third party software.

you also raise a good point... why would this image appear at all if it wasn't already up... and why would they show a product in ti before it's announced?

i think its just a fluke...
nope

macOSX-tastic

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2005
At the Airport. UK
sorry applemax, im also inclined to call BS. maybe there will be some kind or revelation at MEP and i shall eat my words, but for now, i call BS with the others. apple would never overshadow the nano and hiint at aa release...and if its a web page how come no one else has seen it?

tastic

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
Sorry folks this is a fake. He hasn't replied, the font is too small to read, and if apple is going to slip up it will not be something as blatant as an announcement on their front page, it would be something like a forbidden page that was not properly locked.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
well, this is what i saw. i promise! i recorded it as a low quality jpeg. that might be why there are probs with the pic. but it was definately there. i aint jokin about

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
applemax said:
well, this is what i saw. i promise! i recorded it as a low quality jpeg. that might be why there are probs with the pic. but it was definately there. i aint jokin about

Could it just be somebody at Apple having a laugh? Stick it up on a there for a few seconds and see if anybody notices?

Seems possible that the iPod will be the first to get Intel inside. Would be an easier transition than a Mac but also maybe a bit pointless?

iDM

macrumors 6502a
applemax said:

My opinion BS i actually thought the picture was pretty high quality considering none of the fonts got blurry when making it larger, however there is the very flat side of the o in expo, again only my opinion

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
stevep said:
Jay42:
I think the iPods use an ARM processor. ARM = Acorn Research Machines, makers of embedded processors, based in Cambridge UK. I'm not sure if the Shuffles use them. I don't think that Intel chips are suitable for dedicated applications, but I'm not a chip expert by any means. I have seen the iPod mentioned in the ARM annual report as one of its applications (and I can't understand why ARM shares are not doing as well as Apple shares, but thats another story.)

ARM were bought by Intel. It's the architecture that all those X-scale chips are based on.

I thought ARM was Advanced Risc Machines too. I could be wrong though.

The chip in the iPod is a Portal Player design based on the ARM architecture.

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Fake.

Agree with other posters.......skeptical of Apple taking attention away from the nano. This thing is going to sell, sell, sell. Maybe video iPod next year.

They may announce distribution of videos through iTUnes, but no vPod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.