Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:01 AM   #1
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Switched from iPhone to Android. Imessage still activated (frustrated)

hey guys, i sold my iphone 4 and bought a galaxy nexus. before i sold it and did a restore. now when im on my nexus i cant receive messages from my friends who have iphones (they have SMS plan). the only way for them to send it to me is for them to turn off iMessage. on my brothers iphone when i try to send my self a message it appears as imessage so i dont end up getting anything at all. how do i fix this? i have logged in into apple.com and unregistered my device from them. but yet still cant receive texts
WhiteIphone5 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Dataquest
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteIphone5 View Post
hey guys, i sold my iphone 4 and bought a galaxy nexus. before i sold it and did a restore. now when im on my nexus i cant receive messages from my friends who have iphones (they have SMS plan). the only way for them to send it to me is for them to turn off iMessage. on my brothers iphone when i try to send my self a message it appears as imessage so i dont end up getting anything at all. how do i fix this? i have logged in into apple.com and unregistered my device from them. but yet still cant receive texts
I had this issue a while back. Just give it a little time and I believe it will start working correctly. How long has it been since you switched to you new phone?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:06 AM   #3
WhiteIphone5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataquest View Post
I had this issue a while back. Just give it a little time and I believe it will start working correctly. How long has it been since you switched to you new phone?
about 3 days?
Old Nov 23, 2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Dataquest
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteIphone5 View Post
about 3 days?
Yeah, that's too long. For me, it started working after about an hour or 2. Not sure what to tell you. Sorry.
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:14 PM   #5
w00t951
macrumors 68000

I'm still trying to figure out why iMessages still works on the iPhone even though I've turned it off (from the iPhone).
Old Nov 23, 2012, 01:55 PM   #6
ctc799
macrumors member

I helped a friend fix the issue by putting their SIM back into an iPhone, turning off iMessage, and sending a text message to all of the affected contacts. After that the messages were texts again and reached the new phone fine.
ctc799 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2012, 06:53 PM   #7
WhiteIphone5
Banned

everything is working fine now, all i did was un-register the iphone from my profile then done about 30 mins later all good to go

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone