|Nov 23, 2012, 08:37 PM||#1|
I'm aiming to get my first Mac January of next year once I've got some cash from the holidays and I've got several questions!
What this Mac is for: App game development, music, light Photoshop
1. Will an 11 inch screen be big enough? At times I can hook it up to an external display
2. Is 4 gigs of RAM enough?
3. IS January a fair time to buy or is it going to update a month later?
4. January is around when they do there back to school have a free ipod sale right?
5. Do I need a superdrive?
|Nov 23, 2012, 09:00 PM||#2|
1. 11" might be a bit small, even with that resolution. But an external display will help a lot.
2. Might be, if you do not plan to multi task a lot between your applications. 8 GB should be in there if your budget allows that.
3. New MBAs will arrive in late Spring or early Summer when Intel releases its new Haswell chips.
4. Back-To-School is only in the Summer, since that is normally considered the time to go back to school, since the time between school year's end and school year's beginning is the longest period of absence from school, though it might be different in the USA.
|Nov 23, 2012, 11:05 PM||#3|
If u need it now this is actually a good time for get a fairER deal. Current Apple Store discount $100 off retail. With good credit you can delay payment for 1 yr I believe.
Next summer update seems like the target if u can wait.
|Nov 23, 2012, 11:14 PM||#4|
It sounds like you're a student, don't forget to take advantage of the education pricing! I would personally recommend at least a 13" screen, but depending on how often you can hook up to an external.
Best of luck!
MacBook Air (Mid 2012) - 1.8/8/128
iPad w/ Retina (3rd Gen) - Black 16
Galaxy S IV - Black Mist 16
Apple TV, 3rd Gen
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Apple Adds 'Happy Birthday, Mac' Section to Mac App Store||MacRumors||Mac Blog Discussion||16||Jan 24, 2014 07:18 PM|
|Migration assistant (Mac - Mac). New mac has mutiple drives, can't pick the right one||Daftones||MacBook Pro||4||Aug 29, 2013 09:32 AM|
|Mac Mini not visible in Mac network (shared drives, remote desktop)||xterminated||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||1||Jul 19, 2013 12:13 PM|
|Linux and mac shared Data partition. (paragon extFS-mac, ntfs-mac, ntfs-3G ?)||HiDeHo||OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion||15||Jul 17, 2013 05:09 PM|
|Convert from Mac Pro to Mac Mini - high reliability backup solution?||sdardens||Mac Peripherals||3||Apr 7, 2013 10:03 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:48 PM.