Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YoNadz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I have a 500GB hard drive in my MBP. Recently it has become pretty sluggish, and I have had problems with iMovie crashing. Figured I need to clean up some hard drive space. When I right click on the HD it states "Capacity 499.25GB, Available 90.14GB"

I couldnt believe I had used that much space, so I did some searching. When I go into my user profile and add all my pics, docs, movies, aperture, iTunes, etc. together I get right around 161.48GB.

499.25GB - 161.48GB = 337.77GB remaining. Why is my mac telling me I only have 90GB left??!!

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I use and like DaisyDisk. Nice graphical presentation with drill down. I "found" that all the old backups of iDevices occupy quite some space.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Where has all the data gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Space is allocated for every one
When will they ever learn?

Where have all the free bytes gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Disc Inventory will tell you, every one

Where have all the GB gone?
Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone for xxx and .avis every one

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Long time passing
Long time ago
Space is allocated for every one

Long time passing
Long time ago
Disc Inventory will tell you, every one

Long time passing
Long time ago
Gone for xxx and .avis every one

Nah,that lyrics would be hard to sing ... The first part is ok; second and third quite bumpy.

"Disc Inventory will tell you, every one" : too many syllable in inventory; better
"Daisy Disc will tell you, every one".

I for sure like the original song !

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Nah,that lyrics would be hard to sing ... The first part is ok; second and third quite bumpy.

"Disc Inventory will tell you, every one" : too many syllable in inventory; better
"Daisy Disc will tell you, every one".

I for sure like the original song !

Give me time to have another cup of coffee, I'll do better :)

YoNadz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I use and like DaisyDisk. Nice graphical presentation with drill down. I "found" that all the old backups of iDevices occupy quite some space.
free'd up 51.1GB in there!! Is there anywhere else you know of that may be robbing me of space?? There's still 280GB out there somewhere....

Nov 28, 2010
located
free'd up 51.1GB in there!! Is there anywhere else you know of that may be robbing me of space?? There's still 280GB out there somewhere....

Maybe have a look at post #2 again and try a different application, and if you have Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion look at the "Other" link.

YoNadz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Maybe have a look at post #2 again and try a different application, and if you have Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion look at the "Other" link.

On Daisy Disk under "HIDDEN" it says 153GB, but states it is unable to locate data because it is not accessible to users.....?

----------

maybe have a look at post #2 again and try a different application, and if you have mac os x 10.7 lion or os x 10.8 mountain lion look at the "other" link.

osx 10.7.5

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.