Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:45 PM   #1
chrismarle
macrumors Demi-God

AppleCare

Hi folks,

I'm from Canada and since I'm ordering my 27" iMac Friday, I was wondering if it's possible to purchase the AppleCare in a near future following my iMac purchase because 3000$ is kinda expensive and I don't think I can afford more for the AppleCare at the moment.

Thanks for your help!
chrismarle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:46 PM   #2
blevins321
macrumors 68030

Yep you have within the first year to get it.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:49 PM   #3
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjac0m View Post
I'm from Canada and since I'm ordering my 27" iMac Friday, I was wondering if it's possible to purchase the AppleCare in a near future following my iMac purchase because 3000$ is kinda expensive and I don't think I can afford more for the AppleCare at the moment.
AppleCare
AppleCare Protection Plan for Mac or Apple Display
  • You can buy AppleCare any time during the first year warranty period, so you don't have to buy it at time of purchase.
  • You can check your remaining warranty and/or AppleCare coverage here
  • AppleCare will extend the 1 year warranty for an additional 2 years, for a total of 3 years coverage from the date of your Mac purchase.
    It also extends telephone support from 90 days, which is included with your original warranty, to a total of 3 years.
  • You cannot buy AppleCare again or renew it once it expires.
  • Neither the Apple Warranty nor AppleCare will cover damage from accidents, spills, etc. They only cover manufacturing defects.
  • AppleCare+ provides some coverage for accidental damage, but is only available for the iPad and iPhone, not for Apple computers.
  • Neither the Apple Warranty nor AppleCare will cover batteries that have worn out. They only cover defective batteries.
  • You can buy AppleCare from Apple or from other sources, such as Amazon, B&H Photo Video, L.A. Computer Company and others. Exercise caution when buying from sites such as eBay, as some AppleCare offers have been scams.
  • For more detailed questions, read the AppleCare Protection Plan (pdf) agreement.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice