Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:15 PM   #1
Melodeath
macrumors 6502

Calendar Events Disappeared

A couple of days ago, I noticed that all of my events on my Calendar disappeared. I don't use the calendar very often, but I usually have one event a month that I manually enter to know when I need to change my contact lenses (they are monthly lenses )

I do not sync my calendar - it is all local on the iPhone. I have an iPhone 4S still on iOS 5.

I do not appear to have lost any pictures, notes, contacts, texts, etc.. Just events on my calendar are gone. Anyone have any ideas how this could even happen? I know that events used to stay on my phone because I could look back for more than 30 days and see all the events I had manually entered, but now they are all missing, and do not show up when I search the iphone either.

Thanks
Melodeath is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:16 PM   #2
blueroom
macrumors 603

Any reason you've not updated to 6.0.1?

PS iCloud calendar sync is pretty handy.
blueroom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:57 AM   #3
Melodeath
macrumors 6502

At first, I avoided iOS 6 because of Maps. But then I realized I do not have the minimum amount of free space required on the phone to update to iOS 6. I think you need 1.5 or 2.5 GB free. This gave me even more reason to not do the update. Clearing space isn't particularly hard, but it's still relatively annoying to do.

I backup manually to my mac in iTunes every couple of days. I've never used iCloud. The calendar is probably the least important of the apps I use, but the fact that the iPhone would seemingly randomly delete all my events has me a tiny bit paranoid now.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:52 PM   #4
garrydc
macrumors newbie

Calendar problem

My non-repeating calendar events disappear after the date passes. I do not sync with outlook. I do not use MobileMe. I have the latest software on a 4S. I have not synced with iTunes in about 6 weeks. The problem just started. My calendar is my income.

Last edited by garrydc; Nov 28, 2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Didn't complete my statement
garrydc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Melodeath
macrumors 6502

Anyone have any ideas. Most of the time I added events into the past as reminders of when I did something, as opposed to adding future events.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 07:13 PM   #6
brentc133
macrumors newbie

I lost all my calendar events a couple of weeks ago with 6.01. Because I'm synced with google calendar, I completely lost them.
brentc133 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 29, 2013, 06:46 PM   #7
Melodeath
macrumors 6502

Just an update here: I am on iOS 6 now (as of a number of weeks ago, actually). Anyway, I lost my calendar events AGAIN. I am starting to think whenever I plug my phone in and do a manual backup, the calendar events are being deleted.

How do I prevent this? I don't have the Calendar set up to sync, bc I don't use the Calendar on my mac or anywhere except the iPhone. Maybe I will just start using google calendar instead.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone