Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:16 AM   #1
pgaiduk
macrumors newbie

Airport Utility changed all my IP addresses!?

I added a ethernet connected Time Capsule to my existing Airport Extreme network and during the installation process to have the time capsule co-exist with my Airport Extreme I think the Airport Utility somehow changed all my IP addresses to the 192.168.xxxxx series where they used to all be the 10.x.x.xxx series.

I had to try a few times to get the setup to work and everything does except for the following issue.
I have a couple 10.x.x.xxx static ip's set up for some network controlled A/V equipment and they now don't work or talk to my network.

I'm not sure what the utility changed to cause this. I only wanted the Time Capsule for wireless backup and not to be my "primary" network source.
I remember some reference to NAT and a few other errors.
At one point the Airport Utility rebooted my existing Airport Extreme to get the Time Capsule to work with it and I didn't expect that.
I suspect thats where things changed.
All my devices are in bridge mode, set to "create a wireless network" and hooked up to my U-Verse 2wire by ethernet.
I'm not sure of the implications of screwing around with the address ranges.
Should I try to change my static IP's to the 192.xxx series or try to get everything back to assigning the 10.x.x.xxx numbers?
Easiest or best fix would be appreciated.
pgaiduk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Tags
airport, capsule, ethernet, network, time