Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:10 AM   #1
raptorstv
Banned

Sick and tired of the 4-inch screen

the more days past, the more i hate my iphone 5.... it's excellent at everything, but when it's used for browsing the web, it just hurts my eyes... i dont wanna switch to android just because android sucks balls...

i just submitted a feedback telling apple how pissed i am with the small iphone 5 screen.... all of you guys should do the same, here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/
raptorstv is offline   24 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:11 AM   #2
Squilly
macrumors 68020

Small iPhone screen. Have you had an S3 before this or something? It's bigger than any of it's predecessors.
Squilly is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:12 AM   #3
Diseal3
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorstv View Post
the more days past, the more i hate my iphone 5.... it's excellent at everything, but when it's used for browsing the web, it just hurts my eyes... i dont wanna switch to android just because android sucks balls...

i just submitted a feedback telling apple how pissed i am with the small iphone 5 screen.... all of you guys should do the same, here's the link:

Have you tried Android since gingerbread? It hardly sucks and seems to be a viable option for you to consider given your complaint.
Diseal3 is offline   34 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:13 AM   #4
ConCat
Banned

The iPhone is designed to be used with one hand. Bigger phones are not. That's the difference. If you're fine with using your phone with two hands from time to time, then the iPhone isn't for you, and you can get a larger phone.
ConCat is offline   27 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:14 AM   #5
Minhimalism
macrumors 6502a

Do you have any reasoning behind saying Android sucks balls? Try not to be so biased..
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:16 AM   #6
raptorstv
Banned

cant live without these apps.......
- facetime
- imessage
- goodreader
- CBC TV
- puffin
- CNBC RT
- my university school app
- podcast
- passbook
- KTdict Chinese-English
- Viki (Android has it, but so buggy)

Last edited by stridemat; Nov 30, 2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: removed insult
raptorstv is offline   16 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:16 AM   #7
duneriderltr450
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Your eyes must be sensitive.
duneriderltr450 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:19 AM   #8
NovemberWhiskey
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConCat View Post
The iPhone is designed to be used with one hand. Bigger phones are not. That's the difference. If you're fine with using your phone with two hands from time to time, then the iPhone isn't for you, and you can get a larger phone.
Sorry, you fell for marketing. You still use two hands to use the phone. Try reaching for those buttons in the upper right or left corners with one hand.
NovemberWhiskey is online now   24 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:21 AM   #9
ConCat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovemberWhiskey View Post
Sorry, you fell for marketing. You still use two hands to use the phone. Try reaching for those buttons in the upper right or left corners with one hand.
Forgive me, but you're mistaken. I own an iPhone 5 and have no trouble using it with one hand. I will admit that I have large hands however.
ConCat is offline   44 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:21 AM   #10
rasputinj
macrumors regular

What were you thinking did you buy it without trying it? I believe the screen size was the same size as when you purchased it. Maybe you need new glasses prescription, and/or turn on accessibility options for yourself. Maybe you need a fat phone like Galaxy Note?
rasputinj is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:21 AM   #11
Diseal3
macrumors 65816

Quote:
cant live without these apps.......
- facetime
- imessage
- goodreader
- CBC TV
- puffin
- CNBC RT
- my university school app
- podcast
- passbook
- KTdict Chinese-English
- Viki (Android has it, but so buggy)
If you need said utilities you going to have to deal with what Apple gives you, complaining here isn't going to help.

I think people have different needs for a device and does not make anyone less of a person for the smartphone they have in their pocket. That's just nonsense.

Last edited by stridemat; Nov 30, 2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: cleanup
Diseal3 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:24 AM   #12
duneriderltr450
macrumors 6502

Quote:

This may come as a surprise but people's hands vary in size.
duneriderltr450 is offline   31 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:27 AM   #13
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Quote:
it just hurts my eyes...

Maybe u should upgrade the prescription.

Seriously I don't know how some folks stare at the thing like forever. Picture, map, quick text OK but try to read a site without zooming, not me!

Perhaps a Mini is in your future.
Mrbobb is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:30 AM   #14
numberforty1
macrumors 6502

the screen is fine for me & i wear glasses.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:31 AM   #15
NovemberWhiskey
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by duneriderltr450 View Post
This may come as a surprise but people's hands vary in size.
yes, and I am larger than average.

Unless you are an NBA player, you are still using two hands many times.
NovemberWhiskey is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:35 AM   #16
Marrakas
macrumors 6502

NBA players probably use one hand even on the iPad.
Marrakas is offline   19 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:35 AM   #17
darster
macrumors 68000

The problem with android in the US is bloatware. Annoying bloatware. Absolutely mind numbing, RAM wasting, totally useless carrier crap bloatware. None of the android phone manufacturers have the balls to stand up to the carriers to forbid the automatic inclusion of their crapware. Enter Apple, who won't allow it. And guess what, Apple again surpassed Android in the US for the largest share of the market.
darster is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:36 AM   #18
Beeplance
macrumors 65816

Do you guys know how to appreciate the things you have? Apple bumped the screen up to 4" and people are not happy. Even if Apple made it stay at 3.5", people are also not happy.

What the hell do you guys want? Its not like Apple can create the perfect screen size that will please every single individual out there.
Beeplance is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:36 AM   #19
duneriderltr450
macrumors 6502

Quote:
yes, and I am larger than average.

Unless you are an NBA player, you are still using two hands many times.
No, I use one hand. Unless of course, if I am using it in landscape mode.
duneriderltr450 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:38 AM   #20
throAU
macrumors 68030

Quote:
the more days past, the more i hate my iphone 5.... it's excellent at everything, but when it's used for browsing the web, it just hurts my eyes...
iPad.

edit:
to clarify - the phone isn't intended to be a long session web browsing device. if that's what you're intending to spend most of the time using it for, you bought the wrong device.

Compromises are made for every form factor. the iPad/tablet form factor would suck as a phone. The phone form factor sucks for web browsing. The galaxy note form factor is too small to be a decent tablet/browsing platform, and too big to be convenient for use as a phone (personal opinion). Another way some people may look at the note form factor us an acceptable compromise between the tablet and phone. I'd rather have 2 devices, personally.

Pick the trade-offs you are willing to make and rule out the devices that are unsuitable. There is no one-size fits all device form factor.

Last edited by throAU; Nov 30, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
throAU is offline   9 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:40 AM   #21
hyteckit

Quote:
From real word experience and not marketing.

One hand use on the iphone is great. No problems reaching any button.

Thumbs reach the volume buttons and home button. Index finger reach the power button.

Don't have big hands and average height.
hyteckit is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:43 AM   #22
hyteckit

Get a Note 2? 5.5" screen.
hyteckit is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:50 AM   #23
dontpannic
macrumors 6502

Quote:

This is getting out of hand. If its hurting your eyes, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR EYES.

You don't read a book, turn over three pages then think 'this book is defective, it's making my eyes hurt'.

Did you say later in the thread that trying to read a site without zooming in? That's what the zoom feature is for!! Double tap on a paragraph and it fills the screen.

I'm still perfectly happy with my 4S screen. I wear glasses and have no trouble with it whatsoever.
dontpannic is offline   12 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:03 AM   #24
swervinsuburban
macrumors regular

Quote:
I can reach with one hand but I have big hands, 6'2 - 230
swervinsuburban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:14 AM   #25
elpmas
macrumors 68000

My only complaint is the screen should have been a little bit wider, maybe a mm or 2. Those of us with "smaller" hands, I feel that it is annoying to using with one or two hands just because one hand is not enough reaching capabilities and two hands is too compact...so I'm kind of in the "gray" area :/
iPhone 5 32gb
elpmas is offline   7 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone