Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BadboyHouse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 1, 2011
How do you get to display in the side bar in iTunes 11? Seems to have disappeared but I can't find the option to bring it back. In my Songs view it's just that - a text list of songs.Having the artwork in the bottom left corner was good.

pooryou

macrumors 65816
Sep 28, 2007
NorCal
Boneheaded decision by the iTunes team. I won't be upgrading until they fix this, as well as album art in song list view. It's like Apple Maps all over again...

Porco

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2005
Not happy, but not surprised that they took this out. Apple are always removing perfectly good features that work perfectly well for no good reason. I think they do it on purpose to try and force long-time users to try the 'new way' that they are currently enjoying in Cupertino this week.

I'm staying on iTunes 10.7 for now, for this and a few other reasons. I have tried out iTunes 11, but I did so in a virtual machine (Parallels) install of Mountain Lion because I was concerned they'd do stupid stuff like this. I actually like some of the things in iTunes 11, but it's almost all aesthetic and not functional, and I use iTunes too much to lose functionality I like just for it to be a bit prettier.

As always, leave feedback with Apple, it improves our chances of getting features we want back returned, even if only by a little bit.

Last edited:

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
The biggest issue I have with this is that iTunes in LOUSY at finding album art to begin with. That means that I have to hunt it down and add it myself. Now how will I do that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.