Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 1, 2012, 07:47 PM   #1
iSheep89
macrumors member

Thumbs up Sticker boy back skin

I just wanted to share that I recently received my Slate Jet Black Brushed ipad mini back skin and I love it. The cut outs are perfect and I highly recommend using them if you want to keep the slim profile of your mini. looks great with my red Smart Cover. Thumb resize.

Last edited by OllyW; Dec 15, 2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: changed tags on oversized image from IMG to TIMG
iSheep89 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Che Castro
macrumors 601

That looks nice

How much was it? And was it difficult to put on ?

I already have a clear skin on the back of my mini , would this wrk on top of that
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:26 AM   #3
iSheep89
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che Castro View Post
That looks nice

How much was it? And was it difficult to put on ?

I already have a clear skin on the back of my mini , would this wrk on top of that
It was 14.95 and was not difficult to put on at all. If you mess up, you can always peel it off and redo it. I'm certain it would work on top of the skin you have now, since its just a sticker.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:49 PM   #4
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

Very nice! I ordered some and I'm just waiting for my iPad to arrive. I'll add my pics to this thread.
cheapa55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 07:52 PM   #5
Disbchris
macrumors newbie

This provides no protection if dropped, don't understand why anyone would want just a sticker
Disbchris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 07:59 PM   #6
glen e
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbchris View Post
This provides no protection if dropped, don't understand why anyone would want just a sticker
again thru your eyes --others are different - some of us are not using ipads where we drop them....I don't need an otterbox....
glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:40 PM   #7
Che Castro
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbchris View Post
Is like using a zagg skin protector , it protects from scratches on the back , plus it looks nice
Che Castro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:53 PM   #8
stevo8
macrumors 6502

Can we get a few more pics? Maybe some with the red cover?
stevo8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:09 PM   #9
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

I finally got my iPad mini from J&R so I was able to install a set of the sticker boy film. The first set I tried was the extreme fit. It is extreme, almost all edges of the iPad mini are protected (except the thin aluminum edge next to the bezel. I still have to work out a little of the bubbles on the corners.

If you are not an expert on installing these films, I don't recommend getting this fit, get one of the other fits that are easier to install.

I love the look and how much it covers the iPad mini. I used their film before for my old iPad and it still looks great! Although I also used the extreme fit on my old iPad, it was easier because the corners were more tapered, the mini is more steep and abrupt making it harder to install. Overall, excellent quality and best coverage out of all other films.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	565674_10151281388754798_1320577493_n.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	383485   Click image for larger version

Name:	565956_10151281388494798_1668341642_n.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	116.9 KB
ID:	383486   Click image for larger version

Name:	702444_10151281388574798_384830390_n.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	383487  

Click image for larger version

Name:	710988_10151281388824798_1365176477_n.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	383488  
cheapa55 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:28 AM   #10
Jman13
macrumors 65816

Looks good. I got the black leather skin for my Mini (though I don't have the mini yet...just 10 more days!). I opted for the Easy Extreme Fit, as when I inquired about the extreme fit they told me how hard the corners were due to the steepness. Hoping it comes out nice. I got the grey leather apple insert as well.
Jman13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:52 AM   #11
iSheep89
macrumors member

Wow. That looks great.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:31 PM   #12
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

I also have the easy extreme fit. I think I will try that film soon.

FYI for those who have a tight fitting case like the Poetic slimline, the iPad mini will not fit in that case after the sticker boy film is applied.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 01:51 PM   #13
Jman13
macrumors 65816

BTW...to those who have had this..you have seen the YouTube instructional videos on how to get all the wrinkles out and do the corners correctly, right?
Jman13 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:22 PM   #14
thelookingglass
macrumors 65816

OP, can you just confirm that this is not a wet application skin? I hate those. Will get this one if I don't need to go through all that solution jazz.
thelookingglass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 05:25 PM   #15
glen e
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelookingglass View Post
OP, can you just confirm that this is not a wet application skin? I hate those. Will get this one if I don't need to go through all that solution jazz.
it is not....I have several
glen e is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:37 PM   #16
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

I can confirm as well it's a dry install. YouTube has install videos of it like the above poster mentioned. Very useful if you have not done this before.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 10:10 PM   #17
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapa55 View Post
I finally got my iPad mini from J&R so I was able to install a set of the sticker boy film. The first set I tried was the extreme fit. It is extreme, almost all edges of the iPad mini are protected (except the thin aluminum edge next to the bezel. I still have to work out a little of the bubbles on the corners.

If you are not an expert on installing these films, I don't recommend getting this fit, get one of the other fits that are easier to install.

I love the look and how much it covers the iPad mini. I used their film before for my old iPad and it still looks great! Although I also used the extreme fit on my old iPad, it was easier because the corners were more tapered, the mini is more steep and abrupt making it harder to install. Overall, excellent quality and best coverage out of all other films.
Game over. I'm calling Best Buy every day asking for a 32GB white iPad mini until they have one so I can trade my black one in. I don't mind the silver backing of the white mini's but if I did this, then it would be the perfect match for my iPhone 4S!

Quote:
I also have the easy extreme fit. I think I will try that film soon.

FYI for those who have a tight fitting case like the Poetic slimline, the iPad mini will not fit in that case after the sticker boy film is applied.
Is there really a need for a case for the mini? This protects the back correct?

I'm looking to keep my mini as thin as possible, so if I could use this to protect the back, then a smart cover would be what I want.
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:49 PM   #18
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinggus View Post

I'm looking to keep my mini as thin as possible, so if I could use this to protect the back, then a smart cover would be what I want.
Yeah you truly don't need a case. I preordered a couple of cases before my iPad arrived to use when I need to travel with the iPad. I also wanted as thin as possible and the films do a great job against scratching. I just need a sleeve to us when traveling so ill get one soon. Time to sell my cases.

With my iPad 2 that's what I did. Film in the back and Smart Cover.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 11:52 PM   #19
dinggus
Banned

Quote:
Yeah you truly don't need a case. I preordered a couple of cases before my iPad arrived to use when I need to travel with the iPad. I also wanted as thin as possible and the films do a great job against scratching. I just need a sleeve to us when traveling so ill get one soon. Time to sell my cases.

With my iPad 2 that's what I did. Film in the back and Smart Cover.
Why not just get a smart cover for this one?
dinggus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 08:19 AM   #20
urkel
macrumors 68010

Quote:
Game over. I'm calling Best Buy every day asking for a 32GB white iPad mini until they have one so I can trade my black one in. I don't mind the silver backing of the white mini's but if I did this, then it would be the perfect match for my iPhone 4S!

Like most other Apple products, the iPad Mini is very durable. But IMO, the importance of a case is to protect that ridiculously poor paint application they put on the black bezel.

I'm returning my black iPad Mini today and will wait for a white also. I prefer black but considering I intend on trading this in when the retina comes out then I just feel the white will hold up better in the long run.
urkel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 12:27 PM   #21
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Why not just get a smart cover for this one?
I don't really need a smart cover, I put a clear SGP film protector on the front. the smart cover wouldn't do much for me and I don't like the costs of the apple version.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:18 AM   #22
wailoon.ho
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Hi cheapa55
Just want to know how come your ********** has the apple logo?? the 1 i found @ their web site don't have the apple logo on it.
wailoon.ho is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 03:06 PM   #23
cheapa55
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by wailoon.ho View Post
Hi cheapa55
Just want to know how come your ********** has the apple logo?? the 1 i found @ their web site don't have the apple logo on it.
that was before apple lawyers contacted sticker boy to remove the logo. So no more logos now.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Dgail
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jman13 View Post
BTW...to those who have had this..you have seen the YouTube instructional videos on how to get all the wrinkles out and do the corners correctly, right?
Use the warm setting of a hair dryer on the applied sticker to get the corners to conform.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 01:36 PM   #25
plchan
macrumors newbie

what is the different on the quality wise between sticker boy and skinit?
plchan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories