Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:40 AM   #1
Gala
macrumors regular

iPhoto Error

I open up iPhoto and get an error message saying it can't located photo A (for example) it gives me "find photo" or "cancel". If I hit cancel it then goes to another error saying cannot located photo B. This process goes on for each and every photo. I'm assuming it's searching my iPhoto Library file and can't find what it's looking for.

This has happened to me in the past and I just overwrote the iPhoto Library file with a previously backed up version and it worked fine up until yesterday. Any advice on how to prevent this from happening again or if this is a sign of a larger underlying issue with my Macbook or iPhoto program?
Gala is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:01 PM   #2
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gala View Post
I open up iPhoto and get an error message saying it can't located photo A (for example) it gives me "find photo" or "cancel". If I hit cancel it then goes to another error saying cannot located photo B. This process goes on for each and every photo. I'm assuming it's searching my iPhoto Library file and can't find what it's looking for.

This has happened to me in the past and I just overwrote the iPhoto Library file with a previously backed up version and it worked fine up until yesterday. Any advice on how to prevent this from happening again or if this is a sign of a larger underlying issue with my Macbook or iPhoto program?
I am curious... do you go poking around in the iPhoto library or wherever you store the photos? This is the type of issue I would not expect if you always let iPhoto manage the photos... and if you only access the media via iPhoto.

/Jim

Last edited by flynz4; Dec 2, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
flynz4 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:39 PM   #3
Gala
macrumors regular

No but I do use an external HDD as a Time Machine backup and I wonder if the multiple iPhoto Libraries confuse it when it's looking
Gala is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I would not expect if you always let iTunes manage the photos.
Hmm...tunes, iTunes. Photos, iPhoto.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:10 PM   #5
flynz4
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Braine View Post
Hmm...tunes, iTunes. Photos, iPhoto. Image
LOL... thanks for the correction. I updated my post. I'll blame my mistake on much discussion on iTunes over the past few days.

/Jim

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gala View Post
No but I do use an external HDD as a Time Machine backup and I wonder if the multiple iPhoto Libraries confuse it when it's looking
Neither Time Machine nor multiple iPhoto libraries would be a problem. It seems like your database might be confused on where the photos are stored. Typically, that happens when people manually poke around in their library.

Sorry... I do not know why you are getting this error.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store