Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Marconelly
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
iPhone 5 downloaded 1.5GB within 2 hours on its own (Rogers network)

I got a surprise message warning this morning that I've went over my data limit. Checked usage, and it shows almost 2GB used (on my 500MB plan). I freak out because I don't really use data all that much, I hardly ever go over that 500MB in a month. Called Rogers representative, and they told me most of that data use happened two days ago, and there was a 1.5GB download activity that happened within two hours, 8PM-10PM. I was at home at that time, and the phone was (should have been...) connected to WiFi like it always is when I'm at home. I don't think I've even used the phone during that time, and it definitely wasn't some kind of initial setup thing, as this happened 6 days after I started using the phone. I don't backup to Icloud, practically anything related to automatic use of mobile data is switched off. I did confirm on the phone that the data usage is the same as what Rogers meter reports, so it's not a fault with their metering.

I have no idea what to do or how to prevent this from happening in the future. Do I have a case to complain to Rogers here? After all, they sold me the phone 6 days ago and this has never happened before with Iphone 4. I'll probably be paying $20-30 overage for this, and if it start happening next month, I'll have no other choice but to disable data altogether. The worst thing is, even if I diligently check for this every single day, it still wouldn't matter as it could just happen over the night, just an hour or two is enough to incur huge data overages.

I've heard about this problem on Verizon and Apple has issued a patch for it, while Verizon promised not to charge people for overage incurred by that bug. Is the same thing happening to me on Rogers? I've noticed that the phone is on the LTE every time I switch it on from sleep even when I'm at home, and then moment later it connects to WiFi. This worries me as it seems it's connected to LTE even when it shouldn't, so who knows what stupid perpetual download bug could have come from that.
Marconelly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:11 PM   #2
Saberon
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
iOS 6 or 6.0.1?

Do you have an non updated version of podcasts installed? The phone is supposed to be connected to cellular and then switch to Wifi a few seconds later.
Saberon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:28 PM   #3
Marconelly
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberon View Post
iOS 6 or 6.0.1?

Do you have an non updated version of podcasts installed? The phone is supposed to be connected to cellular and then switch to Wifi a few seconds later.
6.0.1, no podcast app installed. I know it's supposed to be connected to LTE and then swith to Wifi, but it just seems like something that could cause trouble like this.
Marconelly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:32 PM   #4
MassiveAttack
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Part of this problem is that wifi disconnects when iPhone goes to sleep. It's beyond me why apple chose to do this as its a fact that data uses more battery power than wifi.
__________________
MacBook Pro 2011
iPhone 6 Plus 64GB Space Gray
MassiveAttack is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:40 PM   #5
darster
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
Part of this problem is that wifi disconnects when iPhone goes to sleep. It's beyond me why apple chose to do this as its a fact that data uses more battery power than wifi.
Yes it does disconnect when it goes to sleep, but with all mail and apps that are set to download automatically, if there is a recognizable wifi network, it will use the wifi when the apps wake the phone to download data. There was a problem before 6.0.1 with Verizon when it would not switch and continue to use LTE instead of wifi. So perhaps that problem exists with the Rodgers version.
darster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:45 PM   #6
Marconelly
Thread Starter
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by darster View Post
Yes it does disconnect when it goes to sleep, but with all mail and apps that are set to download automatically, if there is a recognizable wifi network, it will use the wifi when the apps wake the phone to download data. There was a problem before 6.0.1 with Verizon when it would not switch and continue to use LTE instead of wifi. So perhaps that problem exists with the Rodgers version.
I thought this was because Verizon was CDMA (and Rogers is GSM) but even if that was the case, I still can't imagine there would be anywhere close of 1.7GB of stuff to download when it comes to email or whatever else push data is there for apps to receive.

I guess I'll try contacting Rogers again, and see if I can convince them that this was the problem cause by the phone that they sold me...
Marconelly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:55 PM   #7
darster
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconelly View Post
I thought this was because Verizon was CDMA (and Rogers is GSM) but even if that was the case, I still can't imagine there would be anywhere close of 1.7GB of stuff to download when it comes to email or whatever else push data is there for apps to receive.

I guess I'll try contacting Rogers again, and see if I can convince them that this was the problem cause by the phone that they sold me...
When the bug occurred with Verizon, people had large data bills and usage. You made need to restore iphone as new.
darster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:17 AM   #8
davehutch
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Croxley, Herts
Try downloading Onavo Count which will measure your data usage and let you know which app or process is the culprit
davehutch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:18 AM   #9
BFizzzle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconelly View Post
I thought this was because Verizon was CDMA (and Rogers is GSM) but even if that was the case, I still can't imagine there would be anywhere close of 1.7GB of stuff to download when it comes to email or whatever else push data is there for apps to receive.

I guess I'll try contacting Rogers again, and see if I can convince them that this was the problem cause by the phone that they sold me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by darster View Post
When the bug occurred with Verizon, people had large data bills and usage. You made need to restore iphone as new.
verizon released a carrier update that seemed to fix it (a week after launch)

Did rogers?
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:21 PM   #10
Saberon
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Rogers stated that they aren't affected by the bug.

I have an iPhone 5 with Rogers and haven't had any strange Data usage. (I set up as new iPhone)
Saberon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:24 PM   #11
vicks.99
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFizzzle View Post
verizon released a carrier update that seemed to fix it (a week after launch)

Did rogers?
Rogers released a carrier update on Nov 9th which was 13.1

They also said:

"Our carrier bundle update is wholly unrelated to other carrier updates that address issues with wireless data being used when connected to WiFi. Our update improves how our customers connect to the wireless LTE network by ensuring more radio channels are available to take advantage of Canada’s first LTE network"
vicks.99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:26 PM   #12
BFizzzle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicks.99 View Post
Rogers released a carrier update on Nov 9th which was 13.1

They also said:

"Our carrier bundle update is wholly unrelated to other carrier updates that address issues with wireless data being used when connected to WiFi. Our update improves how our customers connect to the wireless LTE network by ensuring more radio channels are available to take advantage of Canada’s first LTE network"
haha so they are basically saying.. we didnt address the problem..just made it use more channels..so the problem can be worse.. sweet
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AT&T iPhone on Rogers LTE BRO13 iPhone 1 Oct 14, 2013 11:59 AM
Rogers iPhone 5 unlock method? jonnysods iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Mar 9, 2013 07:55 PM
Rogers iPhone 5 On Fido? 1pizza14 iPhone 2 Sep 24, 2012 11:10 PM
iPhone: Unlock iPhone 4 IMEI on Rogers elec999 Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 1 Sep 11, 2012 02:21 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC