Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mddharma

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Hagerstown, Md
I need to buy a monitor for a powerbook and saw a few companies selling new, in the box 17" Apple Studio Displays online. The price is about $450. I have always loved the look of that monitor, but am wondering how well they stack up with today's monitors. In addition, I believe for the same price I could get 19" - so I am torn. Any advice? :confused:

Rocky3478

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2005
mddharma said:
I need to buy a monitor for a powerbook and saw a few companies selling new, in the box 17" Apple Studio Displays online. The price is about $450. I have always loved the look of that monitor, but am wondering how well they stack up with today's monitors. In addition, I believe for the same price I could get 19" - so I am torn. Any advice? :confused:

Fantastic monitor. I've used one at school several times at it continually surprises me.

mpopkin

macrumors 6502
Nov 14, 2003
Chapel Hill, NC
i have one and their color clarity and crispness is better than the new cinema displays and is definetely one of the best on the market. Recommended.

mddharma said:

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
mddharma said:

where did you find it?? im looking for one...

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Mar 15, 2005
It is an excellent display. I just find that they still go for so much money that one could almost buy a 20-inch cinema.

mddharma

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Hagerstown, Md
Also, does anyone have an Apple Studio monitor hooked up to titanium PB? I have one of those and I am planning to get a new 12" PB.

MUCKYFINGERS

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2005
CA
the studio displays rock.
at my university we have classrooms filled with them. drooool, they're so nice. i think if you want to buy an apple studio display, you have my approval! :)

Rod Rod

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2003
Las Vegas, NV

carlos700

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2004
Omaha, NE
All I know is there are two 17-inch ACDs one with a gray translucent apple logo and one with a silver shiny apple logo. Performance\Quaility is the same.

mddharma

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 21, 2005
Hagerstown, Md
:mad: The 17" apple studio displays I saw on line - ARE NOT AVAilable. Not at the price they were quoting. So now I have more thinking to do. There are 2 companies that claim they have them in stock but want close to $650!

I have seen quite a few on ebay in the 250 - 300 range. What do you all think of buying a monitor on ebay?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.