Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:45 AM   #1
NikkiJayne
macrumors regular

Translate single words in Safari?

I am learning Swedish and whist I can read a good portion, sometimes I will come across a word I don't know. On Chrome I had Google's own dictionary extension installed which would translate a word into English when I double tapped it. Does anyone know of a similar extension for Safari or a way to configure the dictionary app so when I three-finger tap a foreign word it could give me the translation?
NikkiJayne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:19 PM   #2
Mal
macrumors 603

Just take a look through the Translation Extensions for Safari and see if you like any. You're probably not going to be able to use the three-finger tap without using a third-party program like BetterTouchTool to reprogram that, but certainly you can get translations a bunch of ways.

jW
NoiseTrade.com/Walker
Mal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2013, 05:41 AM   #3
Jack06
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiJayne View Post
I am learning Swedish and whist I can read a good portion, sometimes I will come across a word I don't know. On Chrome I had Google's own dictionary extension installed which would translate a word into English when I double tapped it. Does anyone know of a similar extension for Safari or a way to configure the dictionary app so when I three-finger tap a foreign word it could give me the translation?
Did you end up finding a decent extension?

The apple site still doesn't seem to have a decent one-word translation extension...
Jack06 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store