Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:02 PM   #1
starstreak
macrumors 6502

Q: do I loose unlimited data if iPhone is not bought from a AT&T store

I had questioned on why my unlimited data plan was removed from my phone. He said after reviewing my account it was because the iPhone you bought wasn't bought from AT&T but from apple. And even if it could edit your account, I cant because there is no unlimited data plan in the computer system. Is that correct? I have a friend who still has his unlimited and said he bought his phone from apple.
starstreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:07 PM   #2
ProudLoz
macrumors regular

The only way for you to have removed it was if you made that selection during the checkout process. Look at your receipt form the Apple Store and see what plan was selected for you.
ProudLoz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by starstreak View Post
I had questioned on why my unlimited data plan was removed from my phone. He said after reviewing my account it was because the iPhone you bought wasn't bought from AT&T but from apple. And even if it could edit your account, I cant because there is no unlimited data plan in the computer system. Is that correct? I have a friend who still has his unlimited and said he bought his phone from apple.
Whoever told you that was clueless.
It doesnt matter if you get it from apple, bestbuy, walmart etc...
Sounds like whoever upgraded your account messed up and removed your unlimited data plan.
You will really have to chase AT&T now to correct that mistake and reinstate it back.
Not fun.
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Carl G35c
macrumors 6502

should have stayed wherever you got it. Call back , they should be able to re-add it
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:19 PM   #5
Interstella5555
macrumors 603

Quote:
He's not giving you the whole story, you had to change something in there to lose it, I pre-orderd from Apple and it allowed me to retain my unlimited when I purchased.
Interstella5555 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:41 PM   #6
starstreak
macrumors 6502

Taking back the question a step (or two) back, I had lost the data plan before the switch to my current iphone5. I had it with a previous iphone but it was removed at some point. I never questioned my bill because it was autopay and I never hit over the 2GB limit.
I think I lost it somewhere when I got my 4->4s. I think I asked them once about it and I was told the unlimited data can no longer be kept when I upgraded? Don't remember anymore. But today, the guy at AT&T said it was because my phone was bought from Apple.
I only started to ask about it when a friend at work told me he still had his unlimited and got his iphone5. When I bought my iphone5, no longer had my unlimited. But if it was removed before in error, I would like to figure out who to talk to being the guy at the AT&T store couldn't help me. I guess I would have to call at&t, which should be a fun.

Last edited by starstreak; Dec 11, 2012 at 04:46 PM.
starstreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:51 PM   #7
Carl G35c
macrumors 6502

You might be SOL.. Look at previous bills on att.com to see when the feature changed. Try to explain it to them, but you'll have to get a really nice rep to change it back
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:24 PM   #8
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Doesn't matter where you buy the phone from you shouldn't have lost unlimited data. Must have been an error and it was removed. You won't be able to get it back anymore either.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:34 PM   #9
lelisa13p
macrumors 68000

Unless I'm mistaken (and I don't think I am), whenever the change to your billing was made, the fact that you continued to pay the bill as charged without ever questioning the alteration means that you gave tacit approval of those changes. Your Unlimited plan is history.

The rep that you spoke to is an idiot. I bought my iPhone 5 from Apple and retained Unlimited data.
lelisa13p is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:23 PM   #10
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
Taking back the question a step (or two) back, I had lost the data plan before the switch to my current iphone5. I had it with a previous iphone but it was removed at some point. I never questioned my bill because it was autopay and I never hit over the 2GB limit.
I think I lost it somewhere when I got my 4->4s. I think I asked them once about it and I was told the unlimited data can no longer be kept when I upgraded? Don't remember anymore. But today, the guy at AT&T said it was because my phone was bought from Apple.
I only started to ask about it when a friend at work told me he still had his unlimited and got his iphone5. When I bought my iphone5, no longer had my unlimited. But if it was removed before in error, I would like to figure out who to talk to being the guy at the AT&T store couldn't help me. I guess I would have to call at&t, which should be a fun.

Now the rest of the story comes out
You lost it long time ago with the i4 or 4S update, not now.
I don't think you'll be able to get it back now many months later. Now you noticed its gone?
Applejuiced is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone