Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Broseidon
macrumors regular

When will the 27" appear in stores - any predictions?

With all these posts about BTO 27" iMacs getting ready to ship, does anyone fancy taking a guess at when the standard models will be appearing in stores?

Would it be unusual for people to receive their iMacs before the stores?
Broseidon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:08 PM   #2
fossen
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
With all these posts about BTO 27" iMacs getting ready to ship, does anyone fancy taking a guess at when the standard models will be appearing in stores?

Would it be unusual for people to receive their iMacs before the stores?
Display models, or stock?

I can't imagine the stores would have stock while the website lists all the 27" as "Available to Ship: January." Could be wrong.
fossen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:09 PM   #3
ViperDesign
macrumors 6502a

I am willing to bet the 21st will have models in the store. As for stock, who knows.

I am shocked the 27 inch is not on the floor yet. Since they are shipping already, it seems they should have some on the floor to play with.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:22 PM   #4
Broseidon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen View Post

I can't imagine the stores would have stock while the website lists all the 27" as "Available to Ship: January." Could be wrong.
Hmmm... Good point! I was hoping for stock.

Would it be illogical to think that stock destined for stores would allocated differently from online orders? i.e. The demand online has been massive which has pushed dates back to January, store stock will be arriving as planned, for say late December.

Just a thought.

Last edited by Broseidon; Dec 11, 2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:04 PM   #5
rworne
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen View Post

This is actually the case.

With a variety of products they do this very thing. IPhone 5, Retina MacBook Pro, and the new, smaller screen iMacs were all in stock (some quite briefly) on release day. Even while people were awaiting delivery of their pre-orders.
rworne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:30 PM   #6
lulla01
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to lulla01
They will always have some stock in stores, as far as which configs and how many that is unknown.
lulla01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:33 PM   #7
RoastingPig
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to RoastingPig
December 21, 2012 when the world is running with molten lava and earthquakes are ravaging the landscapes.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:42 PM   #8
rpramanik
macrumors member

Friday 12/14

When people get it at their homes....
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:33 PM   #9
rworne
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoastingPig View Post
December 21, 2012 when the world is running with molten lava and earthquakes are ravaging the landscapes.
At least I won't have to worry about the CC bill, might as well go for the top model.
rworne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:44 AM   #10
Broseidon
macrumors regular

Anyone care to make some further guesses?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:48 AM   #11
MathijsF
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseidon View Post
Anyone care to make some further guesses?
With all the order piling up online i'm guessing late January/beginning of February in Europe. US might be 1/2 weeks earlier. Haven't seen one yet in a store in The Netherlands so far.
MathijsF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:53 AM   #12
lali
macrumors regular

Was there not someone on these forums that bought one in-store recently?
Do we know for a fact there are zero in-store?

I cannot find the thread in which the person, after being asked "is there anything else you were looking for?" jokingly asked for a 27 and the apple store red shirt said, "of course, we have one in the back" and this is how this person got his
lali is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:12 AM   #13
Broseidon
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathijsF View Post
With all the order piling up online i'm guessing late January/beginning of February in Europe. US might be 1/2 weeks earlier. Haven't seen one yet in a store in The Netherlands so far.
Damn... that bad, huh?

I am in desperate need of my new Macs. Stupidly thought that the base model 27"s would be in store around now.

Is it too late to pre-order or should I wait for the stores to get them in?
Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:19 AM   #14
MathijsF
macrumors member

Well that's what i'm thinking. Have no idea if it's a good estimation though.

Here's a Google Doc that has been setup by a member on this forum to get an indication of the time that it's taking Apple to ship to a certain part of the World.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...YUFZTQ2c#gid=0
MathijsF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:00 AM   #15
Lambros
macrumors regular

Quote:
Well that's what i'm thinking. Have no idea if it's a good estimation though.

Here's a Google Doc that has been setup by a member on this forum to get an indication of the time that it's taking Apple to ship to a certain part of the World.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...YUFZTQ2c#gid=0
The Apple Stores in Australia have them on their floors to test, but I'm not too sure if they have them in the back for purchase. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning (at two stores) and find out what they have in stock (will post back as soon as I know).
Lambros is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:04 AM   #16
jae999
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lali View Post
Was there not someone on these forums that bought one in-store recently?
Do we know for a fact there are zero in-store?

I cannot find the thread in which the person, after being asked "is there anything else you were looking for?" jokingly asked for a 27 and the apple store red shirt said, "of course, we have one in the back" and this is how this person got his
Apple stores near me have 0 iMacs of any kind and are unsure when more will be in. Best Buy said they have none, no one has any and they weren't allowed to order more until Apple got back to them saying it would be ok again.

They both have pretty display models to play with though. So nice
jae999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:08 AM   #17
DrewDaHilp1
macrumors regular

Unhappy

I just left my second Apple Store today in a fruitless search for the 27". Neither store had any iMacs period.
DrewDaHilp1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:48 AM   #18
sounddesigner
macrumors regular

I have had that same problem for the past week but the guy at the store said mid January so hopefully hes wrong and they will be there sooner
sounddesigner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:59 AM   #19
Toops
macrumors newbie

Same here, even though I'm no germ the 27in but only the high end 21in w/o fusion there's none at any of my apple retail stores here in NYC( mind we have 5 apples stores here and none at all..) disappointing though Cus usually when you display models out you should have them in stock for sale.

I also believe that here in NYC we have the highest foot traffic in store , but I may be wrong.
Toops is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 12:19 PM   #20
emsworthboy
macrumors member

Unhappy John Lewis had stock of 27 inch on December 19th

I had been waiting for John Lewis to stock the 27 inch which appeared at 9am on 19th (I had been checking six times a day) I ordered and asked for delivery on 21st. Got confirmation (including a check by credit card comany) saying it was despatched for delivery on 21st. Turned out they had "sold out before my order processed" despite online status still saying shipped. After that they would not say when I might get it and offered a list of stores to check if it was in stock as their system did not allow for that. Decided to cancel and now on order with Apple direct!
emsworthboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 01:55 PM   #21
roverma
macrumors member

They are in

Amac Middelburg ( the Netherlands) has both the 21" and 27" on display to play with..........
roverma is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 03:55 PM   #22
Gelite55
macrumors regular

I'm sure the 5th Ave store in Manhattan has them.
Gelite55 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:03 PM   #23
Toops
macrumors newbie

Nope I live in midtown NYC , called them n they said none at all
Toops is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:18 PM   #24
Sassers
macrumors member

Central coast California - some stores don't expect any until mid January, but I did get lucky and found an upgraded 27" in the exact configuration I had placed an order for. In checking around, I found that the stores were getting a few in every couple of days, but they tended to sell out quickly. It seemed that most were the upgraded version (i7, 1tb fusion, 680mx card). It required a couple of days of calling around, but it worked - I got mine on the 22nd.
Sassers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:55 AM   #25
mdb90
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Actually they got display models in some stores.(e.g. I-am-store, Veendendaal) But don't have them in stock yet, expect them 'somewhere in January'.
mdb90 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac