Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadgetmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
Hi folks, i'm trying to restore my itunes folders from a timemachine backup on a win7 pc. is this possible? I tried installing the airport utility which allowed me to access the timemachine server. I see my old macbook air backup, but there's nothing in the folders to copy/paste over using a proggie like microspit synctoy. I just wanted to put my itunes library on my work pc.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Do you have a Time Capsule (the white quadratic box with Ethernet ports) or an external HDD connected to an AirPort Extreme / Express?

How do you connect to your Time Machine from your Windows computer, if PC is short for "Windows computer"?

HFS+ (Hierarchical File System, a.k.a. Mac OS Extended (Journaled) Don't use case-sensitive)

gadgetmonster

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 3, 2011
I could do either pretty easily. It was kind of a boneheaded post; i totally forgot that its a completely different OS and language and can't be just a simple cut/paste. Its not critical that I get it copied to the PC, just wanted to out of convienance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.