Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lovitt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2002
Arlington, VA
My IMAC that has three users set up on it with OS X10.2.2 is having some weird issues. Any sort of office document that I have for any of the users will not open if you double click. It looks like they will but they never do. I can open them if I open the application and do file open and they open fine on the other computer with 10.2.2 with the double click. I go to information then open with this application and pick it but the minute I re save it and then try to re open, I have the same problem I wiped office off the computer and re installed and that did not seem to help and I took the files off the computer and put them back on and have the same problem. Any help would be great.

Les Kern

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2002
Alabama
Word

You might simply try to append your extension on Word docs. I ran into this when using multiple users in OS9, and the Unix-style permissions in OSX. Put ".doc" on the end of all documents (when saving a new doc it's an option) and from then on you shouldn't have a problem. By the way, it would be good to just get used to that. I also had trouble sending word docs without the extension via my OSX server in WebMail by Tenon. Liked dot-docs, hated regualr "Mac" text names like we were used to. It cleared everything up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.