Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:28 PM   #1
sv2
macrumors newbie

iPhone not deleting old contacts?

Hello,

I have an iPhone 4S, and I've run into a problem. I've deleted a few of my contacts off my contacts list, yet when I enter the "new message" section, their names + phone numbers still appear. However, if I write their names into the "Search iPhone" field, they do not appear since I deleted them.

How do I delete the old contacts off my phone for good? I found nothing about it in the Settings/ Mail, Contacts, Calendars section.
sv2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2012, 12:16 PM   #2
sv2
macrumors newbie

700 views and nobody has had this issue? Perhaps I wasn't clear enough.

Anyway, you can see in my contacts that I only have 1 contact for the letter C.

Yet when I go to write a new message, a whole bunch of contacts I previously had (which I have since deleted) still appear.

So how do I solve this?
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:27 PM   #3
tboyd37
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to tboyd37 Send a message via Yahoo to tboyd37
i'm having the same problem.. have you figured out what was causing it?? let me know please if you have.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:18 PM   #4
sv2
macrumors newbie

Yes, I was able to fix it. What I did was just format my iphone to erase everything, than re-sync it to itunes + get my contacts back (not recover from a backup).

Hope that helps.
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:04 PM   #5
daudi
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv2 View Post
Yes, I was able to fix it. What I did was just format my iphone to erase everything, than re-sync it to itunes + get my contacts back (not recover from a backup).

Hope that helps.
if you are jailbroken, then u can easily delete the contact list by going into var/mobile/library/addressbook.
daudi is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting