Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I think that you go to about:config and change something there...I have tried changing some stuff but nothing works? Could someone tell me how I enable Java? I don't care about the junk TenFourFox say about it being 'unsafe' since it works on fine on Safari, but Apple haven't updated Safari for PPC for a Loooonnnngggg time and it is too slow. I have a Dual G5 btw.
;)

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Java for PowerPC Macs is extremely unsafe. It should be avoided at all costs. Why do you want to enable it?

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
There is a Java game website that I really want to go on:
http://www.java4k.com
as well as other websites too.

It works on Safari and on my friends' computers and I was wondering how to enable it. TenFourFox also disabled flash saying that flash was also 'unsafe' but I have enabled Flash. But I can't figure out how to enable Java! :(:confused:

jbarley

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2006
Vancouver Island
"To reenable plugins in TenFourFox go to the address field and type about:config. Press return and click on the "I'll be careful, I promise" button.

In the filter input type "tenfourfox".

You now see TenFourFox related preferences and can set new values by Double clicking each preference.

To reenable set "tenfourfox.plugins.enabled" to true and "tenfourfox.layout.hideplugins" to false.

If you want the java plugin activated set "tenfourfox.layout.hide_java_plugin" to false. Close the window or go to a web site to verify.

SuperKerem

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 29, 2012
I tried that before this post cos I read about it on another post but it didn't work. :(

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Flash is just as unsafe, if not more unsafe than Java on a PowerPC machine. They are both full of unpatched security holes that can be used to gain access into your machine and obtain your information.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Nothing is safe. Best not to turn on your computer at all if you're so scared.

Honestly. Some things are less safe than others. Intell was smart in pointing that out to a user that might have concerns about their security. What's the big deal?

If you have nothing intelligent to say, don't say anything.
Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.