Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:20 AM   #1
glittersparkles
macrumors member

will apple replace my iphone.. help?

Okay, I've got a 4S, I'm at student, with no money to replace it.. I'm in the UK, and i've only had it since october, since late november, I've had problems with losing signal for about 30 mins each time (at least), the phone cutting me off and having sound problems during calls, lagging keyboard and yesterday there were purple and black lines all over the screen before the screen died.. it just went black, I got what I assume was a text, as it vibrated but the screen meant i couldn't read it; then i tried to plug it in and do a restore and then the apple logo came on, flickered and now the phone won't do anything at all

Does all that warrent a replacement? I've got the box, the reciept, everything. I'm no where near halfway into a 2 year contract, can't afford a new one, will they believe me? There are also no genius appointments available anywhere where I live (in London) so would I have to try and just walk in and see? I'm so so stressed, I'd be so grateful for advice
glittersparkles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:31 AM   #2
TheMacBookPro
macrumors 68020

Assuming it doesn't have any major physical damage I see no reason why they wouldn't replace it.

There are plenty of Genius Bar slots available at the White City Apple Store for December 24 right now.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:49 AM   #3
glittersparkles
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMacBookPro View Post
Assuming it doesn't have any major physical damage I see no reason why they wouldn't replace it.

There are plenty of Genius Bar slots available at the White City Apple Store for December 24 right now.
White City? Oh no.. i live literally the other side of London, My closest is Stratford City.. and no, theres no physical damage at all.. its got protectors on both sides, and its lived in a case since the day after i got it..
Old Dec 19, 2012, 01:37 AM   #4
Krimsonmyst
macrumors 6502

I was a Genius at an Apple Store here in Australia for just over 2 years.

There are very, very few things that we wouldn't replace an iPhone for, especially if it was still within warranty.
One of Apple's mantras is 'assume positive intent', meaning that if someone says their phone is doing something, but can't prove it, you need to believe them anyway.

I can't even count the amount of times I replaced a phone just because someone said it was doing something, when I was 99% sure they were just making it up.

I'd say you've got a pretty good claim to get it replaced, especially if its not physically damaged.
Krimsonmyst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 02:16 AM   #5
glittersparkles
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimsonmyst View Post
I was a Genius at an Apple Store here in Australia for just over 2 years.

There are very, very few things that we wouldn't replace an iPhone for, especially if it was still within warranty.
One of Apple's mantras is 'assume positive intent', meaning that if someone says their phone is doing something, but can't prove it, you need to believe them anyway.

I can't even count the amount of times I replaced a phone just because someone said it was doing something, when I was 99% sure they were just making it up.

I'd say you've got a pretty good claim to get it replaced, especially if its not physically damaged.
this makes me feel so much better, thank you so much!!!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Tags
iphone 4s help