Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jharvey71884

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Sorry guys, don't want to another one of those, which one should I buy threads, but has anyone seen this deal?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPad-2-16GB-W-Fi-3G-Verizon-iOS-Tablet-/310534743814?var=

It looked pretty good to me, and I was wondering what everyone thought? I was pretty set on getting a mini today from Tekserve. I'm a journalist by trade, and thought it would be nice to have in the field instead of my Macbook Pro at times, but since I already have a Verizon Family Share Account, I thought this might be better.

My biggest question, does a Seller Refurbished scare you?

Last edited:

Awakener

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2011
The iPad was not refurbished by Apple. Lots of questions like how do you know for certain the internal battery (which has a limited number of charge cycles) has been replaced?

SnowLeopard OSX

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2012
California
Seems a little suspicious. I'd request for actual photos of the iPad to be uploaded, otherwise, I'd personally skip out on the deal -- seems too risky.

You've always got to be more careful on the buyer's end with websites like eBay and Amazon.

TickleMeElmo

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2012
Seems fairly benign. The seller offers a return policy. If the item arrives and is significantly not as described you can always file a Paypal/Ebay dispute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.