Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:28 PM   #1
baxlobs
macrumors member

Dashboard widgets arrange

I have downloaded a new widget for the dashboard, but it sits on top of the 4 that were there by default. With all that space that seems silly.

There must be some way to re-arrange them?

Could a kind mac user advice please?
baxlobs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:34 PM   #2
-Concept-
macrumors member

I do remember having this problem myself, I just forget whether or not there is a fix... but I think that what I found was that they are either organized by date in descending order or alphabetically. The bar at the bottom is also alphabetical by default and can't be changed.

Last edited by -Concept-; Dec 19, 2012 at 04:39 PM.
-Concept- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2012, 04:37 PM   #3
Apple fanboy
macrumors 603

I think you can just click on them and drag them where you like.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:13 PM   #4
-Concept-
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlobs View Post
I have downloaded a new widget for the dashboard, but it sits on top of the 4 that were there by default. With all that space that seems silly.

There must be some way to re-arrange them?

Could a kind mac user advice please?
Wait.. do you mean in the list? Or the bar? Or just in the dashboard in general? You can click and drag on the dashboard, and to remove widgets, hit the plus sign in the lower left hand corner. A little 'x' symbol should come up in the upper LH corner of all of the apps. I hope this is what you're asking though.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:51 AM   #5
baxlobs
macrumors member

Thanks all, I thought I had tried clicking and dragging but it did not seem to work. However after seeing your replies I gave it another try. It does work.

My problem was finger trouble.

I will get used to the trackpad in time. It is great overall, but some features don't work the way I expect.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:04 AM   #6
X5-599
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxlobs View Post
Thanks all, I thought I had tried clicking and dragging but it did not seem to work. However after seeing your replies I gave it another try. It does work.

My problem was finger trouble.

I will get used to the trackpad in time. It is great overall, but some features don't work the way I expect.
Question: Do your widgets stay exactly where you dragged them? Because my don't. Everytime I open the dashboard they're slightly misplaced.
X5-599 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2012, 04:47 AM   #7
baxlobs
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5-599 View Post
Question: Do your widgets stay exactly where you dragged them? Because my don't. Everytime I open the dashboard they're slightly misplaced.
They are at the moment, the Mac has had a "sleep", but not rebooted since I placed them. I will see what happens after a reboot.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help