Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Dec 25, 2012, 06:35 AM   #1
Gascogne
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to Gascogne Send a message via MSN to Gascogne
Safari removes tabs by itself?

I'm used to have several tabs open in Chrome (coming from pc recently to mac recently) and safari removes my tabs when I open many bookmarks at once.

What setting am I forgetting or do I need a plugin for safari?

*edit*
And when closes safari all the tabs gets removed and no way to restore the session either.

Last edited by Gascogne; Dec 25, 2012 at 07:11 AM.
Gascogne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Gregg2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gascogne View Post
I'm used to have several tabs open in Chrome (coming from pc recently to mac recently) and safari removes my tabs when I open many bookmarks at once.
Me too. { that is} When you open many bookmarks at once, is that not using Tabs? But Safari removes tabs when you do that... doesn't compute. If Safari is not permitting Tabs, you can't do that. Then (below) you close Safari, and all the Tabs (which got removed when you opened multiple bookmarks) get removed?

Please try to explain this better. If you're multi-lingual, and English is not your native tongue, we can still get to the bottom of this. (my hint: your user name) edit: And now I see that you are in Sweden. I don't know any Swedish words, so English it is for me!

Quote:
And when closes safari all the tabs gets removed and no way to restore the session either.
Not so: History > Reopen All windows from last session
Gregg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2012, 11:44 AM   #3
Gascogne
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to Gascogne Send a message via MSN to Gascogne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg2 View Post
Me too. { that is} When you open many bookmarks at once, is that not using Tabs? But Safari removes tabs when you do that... doesn't compute. If Safari is not permitting Tabs, you can't do that. Then (below) you close Safari, and all the Tabs (which got removed when you opened multiple bookmarks) get removed?

Please try to explain this better. If you're multi-lingual, and English is not your native tongue, we can still get to the bottom of this. (my hint: your user name) edit: And now I see that you are in Sweden. I don't know any Swedish words, so English it is for me!
The name is french but Im a swed hehe.

I have at the moment 6 tabs open at the moment (Safari) and when I want to open a bookmark that have about 20 different pages in it the first 6 tabs are removed (those tabs I want to keep open at all times..)

In the Chrome browser those 6 tabs are not removed, the new tabs are just added no matter how many tabs I open.
The Safari browser should be able to do the same...
Gascogne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 02:53 PM   #4
Gregg2
macrumors 601

Here's something for the opposite problem:
http://www.pimpmysafari.com/items/Ta...fari-Can-Open/
It seems that some people think Safari will open too many tabs!

Maybe another page on that site will help, if you poke around a bit, you might find something.
Gregg2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help