Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:03 PM   #1
painless6505
macrumors newbie

From "Preparing for Shipment", back to processing

This makes me sad. Is this normal? 27" imac order was preparing for shipment for 4 days, now gone back to "processing".
painless6505 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2012, 11:09 PM   #2
bill phillips
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by painless6505 View Post
This makes me sad. Is this normal? 27" imac order was preparing for shipment for 4 days, now gone back to "processing".
i dont think anything can be considered normal judging by the way this whole shipping things going. id call apple to atleast see whats up...cant hurt..Not like you dont have a legit reason
bill phillips is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:15 AM   #3
Dutch1576
macrumors newbie

The exact same thing just happened to me about an hour ago. My order was placed on 12/1 at 7am (EST), and switched to "Preparing for Shipment" on Sunday, Dec. 23rd, and just about an hour ago it switched back to "Processing Items".

I'm on the phone with Apple now and they stated that they do not see any anomalies with my order. They have me on hold and are checking with some other department to confirm what may have caused the change.

UPDATE:
Just hung up with customer support, they basically stated that they could not see any anomalies with the account and\or order status. They confirmed that charging verification was completed this past weekend, and there were no issues whatsoever which would have delayed the order process. I spoke with someone named "Tom". Tom stated that his management was going to touch base with the group responsible for the online order portal to ensure that they are not experiencing any issues related to an error that would cause the status to revert to an earlier state. The good news is that he confirmed that my order is still slated to ship between January 2nd through the 8th. That has not changed whatsoever. Tom also stated that the order "should" switch to a "Preparing for Shipment" status within the next day or so. I have a feeling that they jumped the gun with certain orders ahead of schedule causing an inadvertent change to the order status.

Tom also encouraged anyone experiencing any similar issues to call and confirm the order status. However, after an hour on the phone being placed on numerous spurts of "hold", there was not a direct answer provided as to what would have caused a reverting of the order status.

Last edited by Dutch1576; Dec 27, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Dutch1576 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:43 AM   #4
colday
macrumors newbie

I had the same thing happen!

Evening of the 24th it changed to "Preparing...", then late today it changed to "Processing..."

I'll sleep on it & see if I wake to good news!
colday is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 05:12 AM   #5
bill phillips
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by colday View Post
I had the same thing happen!

Evening of the 24th it changed to "Preparing...", then late today it changed to "Processing..."

I'll sleep on it & see if I wake to good news!
same thing just happened to me as well, just called apple and they said theyve been having computer glitches and this has been happening a lot to a lot of customers but nothing has shipped, just a false alarm...lol....wow.
bill phillips is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 09:24 AM   #6
MeFromHere
macrumors regular

Mine changed to "Preparing for Shipment" on December 25, and today it's back to "Processing".

Credit card hasn't been charged.

Update Friday Dec. 28: the iMac shipped from China today. Due to arrive on January 3 or 4!

Last edited by MeFromHere; Dec 28, 2012 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Updated when system shipped
MeFromHere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:12 PM   #7
colday
macrumors newbie

This morning I'm back to "Preparing for shipment".
colday is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:37 PM   #8
Dutch1576
macrumors newbie

Mine just changed back to "Preparing for Shipment" this morning. This is very peculiar.
Dutch1576 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:59 PM   #9
painless6505
macrumors newbie

Talked to apple this morning; but they couldn't explain it. My order is still "Processing".
painless6505 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:23 AM   #10
MacDouble
macrumors member

Mine was "preparing for shipment" since 4 days. Now it's processing again?!
Ordered November 30th.
MacDouble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:34 AM   #11
pfiffi78
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDouble View Post
Ordered November 30th.
Can you add your details to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...YUFZTQ2c#gid=0 please.
pfiffi78 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 06:40 AM   #12
MacDouble
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfiffi78 View Post
Can you add your details to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...YUFZTQ2c#gid=0 please.
Done.
MacDouble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:47 AM   #13
MathijsF
macrumors member

Quote:
Ordered November 30th.
I had the same ****, so annoying! Mines still in Processing.
MathijsF is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:56 AM   #14
lozpop
macrumors 6502

Same here. Preparing for shipment on December 25, and now it's Processing Items again
Old Dec 28, 2012, 07:58 AM   #15
Remi B
macrumors newbie

Can maybe see a trend here....is everyone who this has happened to today from Europe?
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:15 AM   #16
LogicPro
macrumors regular

Quote:
Ordered November 30th.
This is just ridiculous. Upset on your behalf.
LogicPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:22 AM   #17
R-Flow
macrumors member

I posted this in the UK & EU 27 inch Delivery Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Flow View Post
The EXACT same thing happened to me today. My iMac was "Preparing for Shipment" since Monday but has reverted back to "Processing Items". What the hell?
Quote:
Just got off the phone with Apple and they don't have an explanation for the status reverting back. In fact she found it highly unusual and strange. She did promise me that the iMac is still on track to be delivered before January 7. To me that's a bit of an empty promise though if she and her supervisor don't a clue about what's going on. We'll just have to wait and see I guess...

Last edited by R-Flow; Dec 28, 2012 at 08:32 AM.
R-Flow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:25 AM   #18
pfiffi78
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remi B View Post
Can maybe see a trend here....is everyone who this has happened to today from Europe?
Have a look in the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...YUFZTQ2c#gid=0

All reverted orders are from Europe

----------

Quote:
I posted this in the UK & EU 27 inch Delivery Thread:
Can you add your details to the spreadsheet please: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...YUFZTQ2c#gid=0
pfiffi78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:38 AM   #19
brian017
macrumors member

Another back to processing here. Ireland ordered Nov 30

Was quite excited. Thought it was nearing the end
brian017 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:39 AM   #20
R-Flow
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfiffi78 View Post
Can you add your details to the spreadsheet please: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...YUFZTQ2c#gid=0
Sure, no problem. Just added it.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:41 AM   #21
Macman45
macrumors G5

At least you got there...I've been in processing since the 14th...I'm not expecting mine until week 1 January, but I have just mailed my Apple Guru...Will post back if I get anything meaningful..
Old Dec 28, 2012, 08:59 AM   #22
MathijsF
macrumors member

Just got of the phone with Apple, for starters, the guy on the phone didn't had a clue what he was talking about.

He said that changing from preparing for shipment to processing happens quite a lot.

After a whole explanation from the dude that it was a new product etc etc i hung up the phone with him guaranteeing that it will be here before 8 januari (last day of the delivery window)

Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:06 AM   #23
R-Flow
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathijsF View Post
Just got of the phone with Apple, for starters, the guy on the phone didn't had a clue what he was talking about.

He said that changing from preparing for shipment to processing happens quite a lot.

After a whole explanation from the dude that it was a new product etc etc i hung up the phone with him guaranteeing that it will be here before 8 januari (last day of the delivery window)
That's in direct conflict with what I heard from the lady at Apple. She specifically said it's highly unusual for that to happen. She and her supervisor had no idea what the reason was, but did assure me my iMac would arrive on or before January 7.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 09:13 AM   #24
MathijsF
macrumors member

Quote:
That's in direct conflict with what I heard from the lady at Apple. She specifically said it's highly unusual for that to happen. She and her supervisor had no idea what the reason was, but did assure me my iMac would arrive on or before January 7.
That says enough of the quality of the dutch employees from the Apple online store right

To be honest i really think those people have no idea what they are talking about or are just real poorly informed by Apple..
Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:05 AM   #25
lozpop
macrumors 6502

Mine just changed back into Preparing for shipment

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac