Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Explicitic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Undecided
Hey guys!

Just wanted to share my experience with Asurion (AT&T mobile insurance). So basically I lost my iPhone 5 in the mall (yeah...don't judge) and filed a claim yesterday, the 26th. I actually had to email a few documents in (photo ID, proof of purchase, a signed affidavit, and the summary page of my latest statement) but within just a few hours, I was able to successfully complete the claim. The replacement iPhone shipped out the same day with "Standard Overnight" from FedEx. It just arrived and I'm happy to say that the phone is brand new! Still shrink-wrapped, everything. Overall, I had a great experience with Asurion. Claim filed on the 26th, shipped same day, and delivered next day.
Also attached a picture showing my new iPhone!

I'd definitely recommend them to anybody based on my experience.

Attachments

• Yeahhhh.jpg
    Yeahhhh.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 653

Explicitic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Undecided
Ugh...I just found this on the new iPhone...
A part of the SIM card tray is bent up....if you can see it in my blurry picture.
Should I ask for a replacement?

Attachments

• DSC00025.JPG
    DSC00025.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 299

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
Ugh...I just found this on the new iPhone...
A part of the SIM card tray is bent up....if you can see it in my blurry picture.
Should I ask for a replacement?

Congrats on a successful replacement/claim through your mobile insurance fulfillment!

If everything else is fine with the phone, you might try asking for a new SIM tray from the Genius Bar at a local Apple Store; they might require the entire phone be replaced if they cannot replace individual parts of the phone.

Otherwise, I would request for a replacement asap; note that this is how you found the phone. Good luck!

Explicitic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Undecided
Congrats on a successful replacement/claim through your mobile insurance fulfillment!

If everything else is fine with the phone, you might try asking for a new SIM tray from the Genius Bar at a local Apple Store; they might require the entire phone be replaced if they cannot replace individual parts of the phone.

Otherwise, I would request for a replacement asap; note that this is how you found the phone. Good luck!

Just got off the phone with Apple support. They're charging me $25 to have a new SIM tray mailed to me...

Chris092881

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2012
Just got off the phone with Apple support. They're charging me $25 to have a new SIM tray mailed to me...

Unbelievable. They are out of control. Apple has lost all decency when it comes to customer service. It's quite sad, actually. I'd fight that $25 charge if I were you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.