Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 28, 2012, 10:31 AM   #1
3Flames
macrumors newbie

Wifi Constantly Fails to Work

I have an iPod Touch, 4th generation, IOS 5.1.1. My router is Siemens Gigaset SE587 WLAN dsl.

Whenever I try to join my home wifi, an error message appears saying "Unable to join the network ####." I can try turning WiFi on and off, restarting the router, doing a hard reset of my iPod, resetting the network information, trying to get it to connect to DHCP or with a static IP, etc - nothing will make the error go away.

However; if I go on my computer, to my router's settings, and change *anything* - then my iPod will connect to the WiFi perfectly fine within a second. Changes could be changing the WPA security to WEP, changing the network mode, etc etc.

My iPod will connect to other networks without issue, and all my other devices, (not apple products,) will connect to my home WiFi perfectly fine.

Can anyone help so that my iPod connects to the router correctly first time? It's very annoying having to mess around with settings I don't want to touch just to make it work.
3Flames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:35 PM   #2
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

That's really weird.

Have you tried forgetting the network, then going into "other," and adding your network name and password?
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2012, 03:47 PM   #3
lyrical1
macrumors newbie

Maybe you need to contact your router manufacturer as there's a certain setting for it and it's not a fault. The manufacturer will guide you better.

Last edited by lyrical1; Jan 5, 2013 at 06:22 AM.
lyrical1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch