Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Dec 29, 2012, 08:34 PM   #1
map1978
macrumors 68020

Recommend me a thin folio case

Might be picking up a mini in the next few weeks and was starting to look for a folio case so I can have it at purchase.

Looking for something really slim, has sleep/wake function, a folio that the mini snaps into, and also must have strong closure when shut. Doesn't necessarily have to have say loop closure, but want something that doesn't flap around.

Not interested in a smart cover/feather snap combo

I guess I can go the Amazon way and scoop up one of the many that all look a like folios, but just looking for peoples suggestions and something they use daily.

I really like the Speck FitFolio and shocked to see there's no sleep/wake function. My Nexus 7 Fitfolio has it what were they thinking?

Any input is helpful
TIA
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:00 AM   #2
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

i got the Acase Folio in black. for $10, you cant go wrong. my coworker took one look at it and ordered one as well. i think its awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Folio-Co...case+ipad+mini
Apple TV 3rd Generation, Apple AirPort Express 2nd Generation
dictoresno is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:50 AM   #3
xMClass
macrumors 6502

Stay away from Amazon or eBay as cases from them are generally hit or miss. Especially cases from lesser known brands.

Have you checked out the Incase Folio?

http://goincase.com/products/detail/folio-cl60300

Old Jan 1, 2013, 03:23 AM   #4
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMClass View Post
Stay away from Amazon or eBay as cases from them are generally hit or miss. Especially cases from lesser known brands.
as i stated, i actually bought the case i listed and currently use it. there seem to be no quality issues with it at all. it currently has 101 reviews on amazon, with 4.5 stars. i think your statement is a little extreme, especially when it comes to amazon. i've purchased a number of cases for my iphone 5 in the last 2 months, and the above ipad case. there are ZERO issues with any of them. just use common sense, read reviews and thoroughly research what you are looking for. theres no reason why a "lesser known" or "cheaper costing" case cant outperform a more expensive, better known one.

I partially agree with your "avoid ebay" statement, as i think amazon is a little better to deal with as you can usually find an item thats fulfilled by amazon, and not by some shady seller in hong kong.

and a decent, quality case does not have to be name brand, popular or cost $40. i have my cheap $6 minisuit TPU iphone case that outperform my $15 Elago cases (more costly, good quality and well known).
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:52 AM   #5
map1978
macrumors 68020

After a few days of searching, I ended up buying this

http://www.amazon.com/Slim-iPad-Mini.../dp/B00A10D00Q

Got it for $22 shipped

Seems like exactly what I was looking for and the comments seem all positive. I plan on doing a review once I get the case.
map1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:04 AM   #6
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
After a few days of searching, I ended up buying this

http://www.amazon.com/Slim-iPad-Mini.../dp/B00A10D00Q

Got it for $22 shipped

Seems like exactly what I was looking for and the comments seem all positive. I plan on doing a review once I get the case.
Can't go wrong with the Devicewear Ridge! Have one as well and it's easily the best case I have used so far (tested over a dozen cases for the mini).
jedolley is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:10 AM   #7
janny1
macrumors newbie

compare to my other ipad mini, my iPad MINI Leather Rotary Case With Belt Buckle is may meet your need

I buy it at christmas.
'The $26.95 full-folio case has a business bag-like front, and also has a back with Belt Buckle. Together, it's a kickstand case, well, it's a folio case.'

This is the point I recommend it from it's review:
http://iphone-bumpers.blogspot.com/2...ipad-mini.html

janny1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 02:24 PM   #8
xMClass
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dictoresno View Post
as i stated, i actually bought the case i listed and currently use it. there seem to be no quality issues with it at all. it currently has 101 reviews on amazon, with 4.5 stars. i think your statement is a little extreme, especially when it comes to amazon. i've purchased a number of cases for my iphone 5 in the last 2 months, and the above ipad case. there are ZERO issues with any of them. just use common sense, read reviews and thoroughly research what you are looking for. theres no reason why a "lesser known" or "cheaper costing" case cant outperform a more expensive, better known one.

I partially agree with your "avoid ebay" statement, as i think amazon is a little better to deal with as you can usually find an item thats fulfilled by amazon, and not by some shady seller in hong kong.

and a decent, quality case does not have to be name brand, popular or cost $40. i have my cheap $6 minisuit TPU iphone case that outperform my $15 Elago cases (more costly, good quality and well known).
Did I hit a nerve? Relax, I was just giving my opinion based on MY experience. You might have had a better experience ordering cases from Amazon, I haven't. My statement is based on my opinion. Just 'cause you don't agree with me, I'm automatically wrong? Please.

And FYI, Incase is one of the most popular case companies when it comes to Apple products with very good quality cases. Which is why I recommended them. Now, if you wanna cheap out on cases, that's on you. I'd rather spend the extra money and know exactly what I'm gonna get.

I don't understand how some of you drop hundreds of dollars on something and want to spend the least amount of money possible protecting that investment. I'm not saying all cheap cases are bad, sure, there are plenty of lesser known brands that are good. But like I said, it's hit or miss.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:00 PM   #9
dictoresno
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMClass View Post
Did I hit a nerve? Relax, I was just giving my opinion based on MY experience. You might have had a better experience ordering cases from Amazon, I haven't. My statement is based on my opinion. Just 'cause you don't agree with me, I'm automatically wrong? Please.

And FYI, Incase is one of the most popular case companies when it comes to Apple products with very good quality cases. Which is why I recommended them. Now, if you wanna cheap out on cases, that's on you. I'd rather spend the extra money and know exactly what I'm gonna get.

I don't understand how some of you drop hundreds of dollars on something and want to spend the least amount of money possible protecting that investment. I'm not saying all cheap cases are bad, sure, there are plenty of lesser known brands that are good. But like I said, it's hit or miss.
you didnt hit a nerve, i just didnt want you to steer the OP away from a potential case he wanted, just because it was on amazon or ebay. i agree there is some cheap junk out there, which is why i said to look carefully and do your research. sure, buying sight unseen can really suck when it comes to cases. which is why we need to rely on others feedback and pictures. the point of my reply wasnt to debunk you or your experience, but to show that a decent case can be had which doesnt need to be top name brand and expensive. the case i bought was exactly the kind of case i wanted. if it was $30, i wouldve bought it as well. it just happened to fit the bill as it stood. ive had nothing but positive experiences with amazon this past year, with 50+ purchases. and alot of them were buying products ive never bought before and was relying on word of mouth and reviews. which is why i review all of my cases on there to help others.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 09:46 PM   #10
webslinger85
macrumors 6502a

Edited
webslinger85 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2013, 12:46 AM   #11
bennycom
macrumors newbie

slim ipad mini folio case

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwHDBF55BM
bennycom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2013, 02:06 AM   #12
vmaniqui
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
Might be picking up a mini in the next few weeks and was starting to look for a folio case so I can have it at purchase.

Looking for something really slim, has sleep/wake function, a folio that the mini snaps into, and also must have strong closure when shut. Doesn't necessarily have to have say loop closure, but want something that doesn't flap around.

Not interested in a smart cover/feather snap combo

I guess I can go the Amazon way and scoop up one of the many that all look a like folios, but just looking for peoples suggestions and something they use daily.

I really like the Speck FitFolio and shocked to see there's no sleep/wake function. My Nexus 7 Fitfolio has it what were they thinking?

Any input is helpful
TIA
check this out: http://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Slim-Fit-...moko+ipad+mini

and http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Genuin...rieq+ipad+mini

EDIT: didn't realize OP was dec 2012, sorry...
vmaniqui is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6, 2013, 11:03 AM   #13
mrgossett
macrumors 6502

I have this case from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/INVELLOP-Leath...llop+ipad+mini

IMO, it's the perfect folio case for the Mini, for not a lot of $$. I bought two in brown and orange. Read the reviews.
mrgossett is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 01:24 PM   #14
fingg
macrumors newbie

The idea of the iPad MINI leather rotary case has belt buckle seems great...
fingg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories