Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:01 PM   #1
pcmxa
macrumors regular

Google searches showing call button

Hi

I am trying to figure out if this issue is with my jail broken iOS 5.1.1 4th gen iPod you h or if it is actually an issue with Google search. When I do a search in MobileSafari for a local establishment. I get a results page with a map then a list of matching establishments. Under each match rather than a phone number I get a call button. Way back when I used to get a phone number that was in blue that when clicked would ask if I wanted to add it to contacts or copy it. I still get this with bing searches or if I spoof my user agent. I spent the day doing a full restore to unjailbroken 6.01 and it still was doing it. So after renal breaking to 5.1.1, I realized that the issue might be with googles search results.

So my question is, on an unjailbroken iPod touch 4g. When you do a google search for a store, do you get a button that says call or a phone number highlighted in blue?

Thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:05 PM   #2
overanalyzer
macrumors 6502a

Not sure about an iPod Touch, but on my iPhone, it's a Call button. Google changed it a while ago.
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:16 PM   #3
Gav2k
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmxa View Post
Hi

I am trying to figure out if this issue is with my jail broken iOS 5.1.1 4th gen iPod you h or if it is actually an issue with Google search. When I do a search in MobileSafari for a local establishment. I get a results page with a map then a list of matching establishments. Under each match rather than a phone number I get a call button. Way back when I used to get a phone number that was in blue that when clicked would ask if I wanted to add it to contacts or copy it. I still get this with bing searches or if I spoof my user agent. I spent the day doing a full restore to unjailbroken 6.01 and it still was doing it. So after renal breaking to 5.1.1, I realized that the issue might be with googles search results.

So my question is, on an unjailbroken iPod touch 4g. When you do a google search for a store, do you get a button that says call or a phone number highlighted in blue?

Thanks!
You get a number on a standard iPod. Have you tried clearin your cookies etc??

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by overanalyzer View Post
Not sure about an iPod Touch, but on my iPhone, it's a Call button. Google changed it a while ago.
And you should do because you have call functionality.
Gav2k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2012, 11:36 PM   #4
pcmxa
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gav2k View Post
You get a number on a standard iPod. Have you tried clearin your cookies etc??

----------

And you should do because you have call functionality.
Thanks for confirming I should get the number. I have cleared cookies and history and it still does it. It did it jail broken. It did it restored to 5.1.1. It did it when I factory reset/updated to 6.0.1 And still did it when I re jailbroke.

It doesn't do it with bing. Or if I spoof my user agent to iPad.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch