Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 30, 2012, 08:53 PM   #1
tl01
macrumors 6502a

Love it!

Well... There must be something different between the iPad mini I saw in the store and mine. The difference between the mini and my iPad 3 is not nearly as noticeable on my three minis as it was on the display model. I love my iPad 3's retina display... And was bummed about the minis but I got them anyway and I'm really surprised! The screen is great and the form factor is awesome!! Even reading print in safari is way better than I thought it would be. I've had all iterations if the iPhone and iPad (except the most current ipad) and have seen the screen progression so I was shocked apple wouldn't give the mini a retina display.. But it isn't such a big deal! Now.. Will I keep my mini or get the new one when it comes out.
tl01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:47 AM   #2
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a

Grats on the new Mini. It really is a great device. I've used mine daily since launch day and I'm still impressed.
Ladybug is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:23 PM   #3
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl01 View Post
Well... There must be something different between the iPad mini I saw in the store and mine. The difference between the mini and my iPad 3 is not nearly as noticeable on my three minis as it was on the display model. I love my iPad 3's retina display... And was bummed about the minis but I got them anyway and I'm really surprised! The screen is great and the form factor is awesome!! Even reading print in safari is way better than I thought it would be. I've had all iterations if the iPhone and iPad (except the most current ipad) and have seen the screen progression so I was shocked apple wouldn't give the mini a retina display.. But it isn't such a big deal! Now.. Will I keep my mini or get the new one when it comes out.
Curious what 3 Minis you got. There has been talk that some displays seem better than others. I thought so myself looking into it somewhat in an Apple store comparing a white versus black mini. Folks mention the bezel and that is understandable but there may be something more to it. Sure seemed a bit different to me for the better.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:30 PM   #4
nerdybooboo
macrumors member

i agree. I got a mini as a gift. And 'we' have been inseparable ever since. I use the tablet mainly for browsing the net, reading, & etc.
The screen resolution is actually not bad at all!!! I am impressed.

My 4 is tucked away somewhere in the closet now.
nerdybooboo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:16 PM   #5
maflynn

My Mini goes with me just about everywhere I go. Its a great tablet, the only thing I can knock on it is the lack of LTE. I may opt to sell this and take the plunge for an LTE equipped mini
maflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:37 PM   #6
Ellethor
macrumors newbie

Im totally fall in love with my iPad mini... the best choice to me for 2012....
Ellethor is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:53 PM   #7
tl01
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
Curious what 3 Minis you got. There has been talk that some displays seem better than others. I thought so myself looking into it somewhat in an Apple store comparing a white versus black mini. Folks mention the bezel and that is understandable but there may be something more to it. Sure seemed a bit different to me for the better.
We got two 16gb wifi units and one 16 GB Verizon unit. The one I tried in the store was a 16 GB wifi unit. I'm please with all three of mine.
tl01 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:00 AM   #8
igazza
macrumors 6502a

I love my mini too, apples best product in years
Old Jan 1, 2013, 04:41 AM   #9
pommie82
macrumors regular

I'am really enjoying the mini experience i take it every where with me and use to several hours a day its a great little device to have at hand. I use my mini more then i use my 9'7inch iPad i just prefer it for reading and things and just use the 9'7 inch iPad for watching movies on and that it
pommie82 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad