Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

childoftheko4n

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011
hello,

So I'm in the process of setting up OS Server for VPN. I was able to set it up the other night and connect while on local network, but had no luck on an outside network. My router says VPN port passthrough is enabled, so i dont think that would be it.

Is there another common step i may be missing? I am starting from scratch again to see if i can get it right this time >.<

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
hello,

So I'm in the process of setting up OS Server for VPN. I was able to set it up the other night and connect while on local network, but had no luck on an outside network. My router says VPN port passthrough is enabled, so i dont think that would be it.

Is there another common step i may be missing? I am starting from scratch again to see if i can get it right this time >.<

What os?

childoftheko4n

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2011

I know i have read it conflicts with BTMM, but don't see where i would have this turned on. Should i go into preferences - sharing and enable/disable anything?

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
If you are running an Airport Extreme or Time Capsule, login into either and on the first page, make sure the "Back to My Mac" is clear. That should not have anything in it.

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits

I know i have read it conflicts with BTMM, but don't see where i would have this turned on. Should i go into preferences - sharing and enable/disable anything?

It would be in iCloud settings for btmm
That most certainly conflicts. Confirm your ports are open. Don't recall the open ports now. Are you doing pptp?

I run SL server so I do not know what changed in 10.8.2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.