Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 5, 2013, 08:55 PM   #1
aaps59
macrumors regular

iMovie 6 or Better App For Video Editing/Processing

Hi, I know there are many posts about this and Ive read most of them. But most of them are dated and either the links dont worry or they dont help me.

I need a application that works to fast forward video clips and paste them together in a format that works for youtube. Id like a application that doesnt make me reoptimize the video file, and that doesnt make several copies of the original file and move it to where I cant find it. This is the current iMovie does to me and its annoying.
Does anyone have a working link for the very old iMovie? Or a application that is freeware that fits my requirements? Im never really doing hardcore editing, just fastforwarding etc.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 03:37 PM   #2
Menneisyys2
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaps59 View Post
Hi, I know there are many posts about this and Ive read most of them. But most of them are dated and either the links dont worry or they dont help me.

I need a application that works to fast forward video clips and paste them together in a format that works for youtube. Id like a application that doesnt make me reoptimize the video file, and that doesnt make several copies of the original file and move it to where I cant find it. This is the current iMovie does to me and its annoying.
Does anyone have a working link for the very old iMovie? Or a application that is freeware that fits my requirements? Im never really doing hardcore editing, just fastforwarding etc.
If you indeed don't want to do editing like transformations between two clips, your best bet is QuickTime 7 Pro for $30 ( http://www.apple.com/quicktime/extending/ ). Despite its spartian interface, it's a heck of an app. I (as a video pro, also owning much more expensive editors) use it very often to quickly stitch / edit / cut my videos without (!!!) having to recompress them.
Menneisyys2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2013, 03:43 PM   #3
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Quote:
This is the current iMovie does to me and its annoying.
iMovie11 only does that if you Finalize a Project. There is no need to do this. Just use the Export Movie option in the Share menu. That will create a .m4v file using h.264 compression which YouTube will happily accept.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 07:06 PM   #4
aaps59
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Braine View Post
iMovie11 only does that if you Finalize a Project. There is no need to do this. Just use the Export Movie option in the Share menu. That will create a .m4v file using h.264 compression which YouTube will happily accept.
Well recently ive been trying to import clips to use, and ive done it multiple times and now its not creating the thumbnails correctly, it shows them as grey so I cant use them in the project. SO i have to import them into iPhoto, then I have to optimize them again for use in the project, and I end up having multiples of the same clip.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 09:11 PM   #5
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

OK, that's something different.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Tags
imovie, video editing