Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:34 AM   #1
usethisname
macrumors newbie

Aperture repeatedly prompting for my serial number

Hey guys! I hope this is the right forum. I recently got my new 27" iMac, and transferred the aperture application and library via ethernet connection to the new computer (opted out of migration assistant since I only wanted a few programs). Now, every time I open aperture it asks for my serial number. It always goes through and works fine after that.

Any ideas? Thanks!
iPhone 5s
usethisname is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:50 AM   #2
snberk103
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by usethisname View Post
Hey guys! I hope this is the right forum. I recently got my new 27" iMac, and transferred the aperture application and library via ethernet connection to the new computer (opted out of migration assistant since I only wanted a few programs). Now, every time I open aperture it asks for my serial number. It always goes through and works fine after that.

Any ideas? Thanks!
If you are within 3 months of buying the iMac, or if you have bought the extended warranty, AppleCare, call Apple. They are the experts at this kind of thing. You have 90 days to call them for software support from purchase, in North America at least, and if you buy AppleCare you can call them for 3 years. About anything that is related to Apple software.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:30 PM   #3
fcortese
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by usethisname View Post

Any ideas? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by snberk103 View Post
If you are within 3 months of buying the iMac, or if you have bought the extended warranty, AppleCare, call Apple. They are the experts at this kind of thing. You have 90 days to call them for software support from purchase, in North America at least, and if you buy AppleCare you can call them for 3 years. About anything that is related to Apple software.
If you're beyond the 3 month range try ApertureExpert. Register (free) and post a question. You'll be sure to get some help. They've never failed me if I ran into a roadblock.
fcortese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 03:21 PM   #4
Designer Dale
macrumors 68040

The Aperture registration is linked to the computer it was purchased on. When you moved the application to the new computer it isn't recognized as being owned by that system. If you reinstall from the disk you shouldn't have any further problem.

If I remember right you can select what to move in Migration Assistant.

Dale

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography