Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 14, 2013, 09:34 PM   #1
perabear
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Glen Allen, VA
Boot Camp Assistant Issue

Every time I try to "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" via Boot Camp Assistant I'm unable to fully do so because after a few minutes a message pops up saying "Can't download Windows Support Software because of a network problem.". So basically my Wi-Fi keeps dropping but any other time it's completely fine. I'm trying to save it to an external drive and own copies of the Windows 7 install disks to install in my Apple USB SuperDrive. I desperately want Windows on my Mac (mainly to run PC games) but clearly I'm at a dead end. At this point, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are my specs if they could be of any use:
- 21.5-inch, Late 2012 iMac
- 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB graphics
- 1 TB Fusion Drive storage

Last edited by perabear; Jan 15, 2013 at 08:49 AM.
perabear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2013, 10:13 PM   #2
steve119
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Scotland, land of the haggis
Quote:
Originally Posted by perabear View Post
Every time I try to "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" via Boot Camp Assistant I'm unable to fully do so because after a few minutes a message pops up saying "Can't download Windows Support Software because of a network problem.". So basically my Wi-Fi keeps dropping but any other time it's completely fine. I'm trying to save it to an external drive and own copies of the Windows 7 install disks to install in my Apple USB SuperDrive. I desperately want Windows on my Mac (mainly to run PC games) but clearly I'm at a dead end. At this point, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are my specs if they could be of any use:
- 21.5-inch, Late 2012 iMac
- 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5
- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 512 MB graphics
- 1 TB Fusion Drive storage
Mine kept saying that too, kept saying there was a server problem, just kept perservering though and got most of it to work apart from the nvidia graphics, which I ended up downloading from their site.
__________________
2011 MBP 13" 2.4 i5 8GB, 16GB ipad 2, 16GB ipad mini, apple tv 2nd gen, 80GB ipod.
2012 27"iMac i5 2.9 1TB 8GB Ram, black iPhone 5 16GB
steve119 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:47 AM   #3
perabear
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Glen Allen, VA
I've tried countless times and still can't get it to work. :/
perabear is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:24 PM   #4
elithrar
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2007
http://www.cafe-encounter.net/p682/d...otcamp-drivers

This should help.
elithrar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:26 PM   #5
praktical
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma City Oklahoma.
Post Boot Camp Issue

I know I'm probably trolling here.....but I 4 1 hate the idea of defiling any of my Apple products with anything of a Microsoft Nature.
praktical is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by elithrar View Post
Do not download those drivers. There are newer ones in 10.8.3 that also support fusion .

You have been advised.

Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 08:34 PM   #7
MatthewAMEL
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
Do not download those drivers. There are newer ones in 10.8.3 that also support fusion .

You have been advised.

Just to be clear. It's the updated version of Boot Camp Assistant that properly creates the Boot Camp partition on a Fusion Drive (OEM or DIY).

The Boot Camp drivers for Windows have nothing to do with Fusion Drive.
MatthewAMEL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:16 PM   #8
Peace
macrumors P6
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Space--The ONLY Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewAMEL View Post
Just to be clear. It's the updated version of Boot Camp Assistant that properly creates the Boot Camp partition on a Fusion Drive (OEM or DIY).

The Boot Camp drivers for Windows have nothing to do with Fusion Drive.
I never said they did. I said a newer bootcamp that supports fusion is coming out. They also have upgraded drivers.

How's that.

Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boot camp Assistant nightmare! howgudami Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 9 Apr 12, 2014 04:28 AM
A few Boot Camp Assistant questions. JakobAloudMadge Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 1 Dec 2, 2013 07:33 PM
Boot Camp Assistant - Mine is different? Edan MacBook Pro 0 May 20, 2013 03:12 PM
Boot Camp assistant help djschep OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 4 Feb 16, 2013 06:45 PM
Superdrive not detected under Boot Camp Assistant hajime Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 3 Nov 3, 2012 02:43 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC